Brewing kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim007

Reaction score
Hi All
I’ve been brewing lager kits a little while now and was wondering whether it’s to come up with your own recipe for brewing might be silly question but I wise man told me once a man who asks a question is I fool for 5 minutes a man who never asks a question a fool all his life!!

I brewed one extract kit and then switched to AG. I brewed 2 AG kits and then switched to coming up with my own recipes. Early on, I started with existing recipes and then adjusted them to my liking. Now, I tend to just build them from scratch. I definitely recommend starting with a recipe (kit) that you like and then start making changes based on what you want to see different.

I'm a Newbie since December. I have tried a few Kits now. My first was a Simply Lager kit made with 1Kg of Brewing Sugar, turned out nice, very drinkable. My next was a Cooper Hefe Wheat Kit made with Wheat Spray Malt and some brewing sugar. This was a nice step up and was a lovely beer. So far I have made 6 beers using a combination of Liquid Malt Extract and Dry Malt Extract, an Oaked Apple Cider and a 30 x bottle Pinot Grigio White wine kit. So far for me I'm loving the Kits, I'm trying out different ones and the results so far are very good. The Kits I have done so far are below.

1 Simply Lager
2 Coopers Hefe Wheat
3 Australian Blend Pinot Grigio
4 Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA
5 Festival Oaked Apple Cider
6 Bruphoria James Blonde Ale
7 Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat Beer
8 Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA

I have been waiting for this coming weekend to try some of them out. It has been difficult keeping my filthy mitts off them, but I have a very healthy stash now.
I am loving it, I enjoy the process. Would love to try all grain some time, but so far I am happy experimenting with different kits and I am amazed with the variety.

Best of luck on you own recipe journey.

Back