Brewing Podcasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been listening to a lot of podcasts from The Brewing Network (specifically DR Homebrew).

Anyone else have any good podcasts to listen to? Its nice to have something good to listen to in the car when I am driving to meetings with work.

Experimental Brewing with Drew Beechum and Denny Conn is a great podcast. The Brewfiles is a great shorter version of the show which focus on specific subjects/styles etc.

The Brulosphy podcast is really good too. Lots of interesting subjects covered and they've evolved it recently to include style and topical issue based shows.

Beersmith do a decent podcast and particularly if you go back a bit they have some great shows with Gordon Strong and Randy Mosher.

There's a lot on the Brewing Network but I've only listened to Brew Strong and Brewing with Style (which no longer runs). Jamil Z and John Palmer can be great to listen to but I got frustrated with it at times as there are a lot of crude jokes and goofing about which wastes time that could otherwise be taken up with meaningful content. It is quite entertaining at points though.

Thanks dude, thats really useful. I did search for homebrew on the podcast network I use and it was showing a really random mix of unrelated stuff!

Basic Brewing is nice. I really like Steve and James. The adverts are pretty much all at the start, too, and not that intrusive.

I listen to Brewing Network / Brewstrong and agree with JonBrew that Jamil can be a pain in the **** sometimes and you can skip from 4 to 8 minutes of the start of each show. There are adverts all the way through so it's a really annoying podcast to listen to while running if you want to skip the adverts.

If you can get a podcast player that lets you change speed I find it essential. Most shows you can easily listen to at 1.3 speed, some up to 1.7. When I watch Basic Brewing on youtube they always sound like they're drunk because they're speaking so slowly

Brulosphy, The experiments are always interesting. And the short and shoddy recipes are something I am definitely going to try soon.
Beer o clock show. Drinking beer type chat but with lots of news, and most impressively they remain independent in their views despite being regulars on the industry circuit.
Fermentation Radio, extremely well-produced, and lots of short succinct interviews with interesting people.
Beer with Nat, deals almost entirely with women in brewing, and is hugely interesting as a result given the beer industries previous lack of interest.

I listen to others, but these are the main ones I always seek out when it's time for a new episode.
Others are variable being irregular, or have a tendency to dissolve into Laddish beer drinking with associated raised voices and shouting etc.....

In addition to the above:

The Sour Hour from Brewing Network is good if you're into mixed fermentation brewing.

I dip in and out of Good Beer Hunting and The Belgian Smaak

All of the brewing network (I’ve actually sat in Justin’s chair in the studio tee hee)

And Brad Smiths Beer Smiths podcasts.

I really enjoy the Brulosophy and Experimental Brewing podcasts. Another one that's very good is By The Mash Tun.

Back