Brewmonk Stainless Conical

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im assuming inkbird probe would sit in thermowell where provided thermometer currently sits?

Has anyone bought one of there? I'm thinking of buying 1 soon but don't see any review on it.

Its been a hit down under though some of those trying to pressure ferment in it have blown the clips off of the fermenter. Stack-able so that is a plus also there is a chiller coil as an extra. I had my name down for them but the Snub Nose over rode it. Good news is there is now a wholesaler in the UK interested in the Snubnose and Junior fermenter.

Ah here now, I was all set on stainless but no I'm back where I started. I came for answers, not more questions! Thinking the snub nose might be a good option. Cheaper & Jove the option of pressure fermentation too.

Old thread I know, but I just got one of these and have a question: the trub dumbing valve on the bottom has a thread on the outside: https://brouwland.com/14293-large_default/brew-monk-stainless-steel-fermenter-30-l.jpg

Now, that to me screams: "Gadget for collecting yeast screws on here". My gadget senses are tingling - I've spotted a connection port and now I think I need the thing that connects to it, and as homebrewer, and hence lover of gadgets: what gadget is this? What's it called, and why is my life incomplete without one?

Old thread I know, but I just got one of these and have a question: the trub dumbing valve on the bottom has a thread on the outside: https://brouwland.com/14293-large_default/brew-monk-stainless-steel-fermenter-30-l.jpg

Now, that to me screams: "Gadget for collecting yeast screws on here". My gadget senses are tingling - I've spotted a connection port and now I think I need the thing that connects to it, and as homebrewer, and hence lover of gadgets: what gadget is this? What's it called, and why is my life incomplete without one?
The bottom port is to dump the trub after it has settled. The port above is to run the beer from the fermenter.

The bottom port is to dump the trub after it has settled. The port above is to run the beer from the fermenter.

yeah, I know that. It’s the thread on the outside of the dump valve that specifically calls to me: surely they intend that to connect to something? What’s that “something” is the question.

yeah, I know that. It’s the thread on the outside of the dump valve that specifically calls to me: surely they intend that to connect to something? What’s that “something” is the question.
female hose barb.jpg

Last edited:
I intend to put a 90 degree angled connector on this. The intention being, when I dump the trub it goes downwards into the sink, rather than horizontally across the sink/worktop/floor

Back