Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy have you tried this recipe with cherry syrup instead of strawberry?? Looking to go at another cider after I bottle and wondering would simply trying other syrups be a runner or is a cherry juice better??

Looking at either a cherry or raspberry cider but I see some didn't really like the raspberry..

Thanks

I have made it with cherry ages ago but added sugar too so ended up about 10% abv and put me on the floor after a few pints....

I'm going off the cherry syrup a bit, tasting a bit benylin like now... there is a cherry/apple drink that I might try if I fancy it next time.

Definitely worth doing the Strawberry syrup version if you can find it, I reckon it's the best 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm bottling my strawberry and lime from this thread on Thursday :-). Just looking for another one to do already, Summer is coming up and want to have a few different flavours..

Ah cool (I should have read up a bit) !

I'm quite optimistic about the rhubarb one I have on the go, will report back at the weekend !

Yea I was looking for a rhubarb Juice but can't find one anywhere unfortunately, I'm in Ireland so don't have Asda etc.. :-(

Roddy what's the final OG reading that I'm aiming for, has been in primary fv for 10 days now and going to do a reading when I go home after work and bottle hopefully this week..

Thanks

It's at 1010 so I'll leave it for another few days and hopefully see it drop.. Cheers

Couldn't wait any longer and opened my first bottle after only a week and it already a tastes great :-) Looking forward to it conditioning over the next few weeks and getting even better..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9214IswqPyMbXFGR0RwZGVsd2s

19L of apple juice (that has around 11g of sugar per 100ml

1L strong tea

Top up with tap to 25L

5tsp pectolase dissolved in warm water

Cider yeast

300g sugar for priming after fermented out (dissolve in a pint of your finished cider, Warmed up

Bottle ������

Boom

Hi Roddy how do you get sugar content of the apple juice from (11g/100ml) I have checked the ingredients list on various cartons of juice and cannot see sugar content. Am I being thick or is there some where else to find it.

hello matey

just in the Sugars bit on the nutritional bit on the label

eg Tesco everyday apple juice is 9.6g per 100ml

Capture.JPG

hello matey

just in the Sugars bit on the nutritional bit on the label

eg Tesco everyday apple juice is 9.6g per 100ml

Sorry to be a pain Roddy but today whilst in morrisons I checked a few cartons of juice and none just had sugar content. The had carbohydrates of sugar is this the same thing?

Latest posts

Back