Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair play mate, I know what you mean

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok I have mine bottled - I presume as they still have fermentation to do I have to keep them say indoors and not in my (currently 2 degrees celcius) shed ?

Aye, warm room temperature would be ideal, I have my blueberry jobs in my brewing cupboard at about 22deg... usually takes the full 7 days at that temp to carb up properly.. bit longer at cooler temps

Aye... I need to get another brew going in there....

Just to take full advantage of the heater of course 😉

How did the blueberry tc turn out ?
Only bottled it on Monday might mate, but tastes pretty good at the time, should be well nice with a bit of fizz in it 😀

Might be ready for a proper sample by the weekend

Not exploded so far ....

20161123_094511.jpg

Tastes great - I now understand why you need the sweetener. Its like an adult Koppaberg. Nice one Roddy!
NB - In end I batch primed with 1.5L Don Simon pressed cloudy AJ - worked well.

[ame="https://vimeo.com/193571248"]https://vimeo.com/193571248[/ame]

Next up will be American IPA .

Nice one mate, cat doesn't look overly impressed 🐱

Just a small update - half my batch have gone flat. Was given brand new brown flip top bottles from a friend which he bought from ebay - still in their plastic shipping container etc - turns out the washers aren't up to the job on them. The vid shows one of the 4 grolsch bottles I had in the batch - all of which were fine. Much thicker washer.

Instead of trying replacement washers I will be using Coopers 500 ml PET bottles from now on as the less unknowns the better.

Old post i know but Definitely putting some of this in this weekend. Off to source lowicz tonight.
You say remaining lowicz to be used for priming, is that instead of sugar when removing from fv to bottle's?

Dave

Yep, I add about 7-8 ml of Lowicz per 500ml bottle when I've made it. Gives a decent fizz. I've only done turbo ciders in 1 gallon (demijohn) batches so far so bottle straight from the DJ. If I was making 5 gallons of it then I'd batch prime after transferring to my bottling bucket.

Latest posts

Back