Brewstore closing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rento

Reaction score
I see that Edinburgh Brewstore are closing. I used their recipe service a lot and it was handy for collection. Are there any other local options?

(please move if this is the wrong forum)

I see that Edinburgh Brewstore are closing. I used their recipe service a lot and it was handy for collection. Are there any other local options?
Sadly it would appear that was the only walk-in home brew shop in Edinburgh. Some people got an email advising the closure but I didn't and I was a regular. They were young guys, maybe they just wanted to do something else, maybe it was cash flow, rents, who knows.

Got to be a tough business under normal circumstances.

I've not had the pleasure or luxury of a walk in shop. I find Malt Miller really good for ingredients and kit. I've never used them but Get 'er Brewed seem to be well regarded.

For various odds and sods of kit I also use Brew2Bottle, Brewkegtap and Angel Homebrewing.

And of course Amazon Prime has come to the rescue a few times for last minute orders a day before brewday.

did some online stuff with them for a keg lid and they gave a good service, there is nothing like a walk round a proper physical homebrew shop in the flesh when i'm visiting areas I always do a bit of homework on brew shops :(

I was in my local shop this afternoon, as it happens. Of course I could *manage* without them, but shops die if we all use Amazon instead, so that's not good in the long-term. They stock most of what I need, I pretty much buy most of my ingredients there except base malt.

I order online from my local homebrew shop. Best of both worlds that way! I'd be gutted if they closed as it's nice to visit there every now and again.

Latest posts

Back