Brewuk....online shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF you have read my previous posts you will have read that it's not the timeframe that was the problem it was the NO communication from them at all and not updating their web page accordingly that annoyed me.
Again, ridiculous to judge under such exceptional circumstances, demanding a communication they wouldn't make under normal circumstances. Yet they are expected to add this to the workload when the reality is likely to be they are already dealing with significantly increased demand from new customers like yourself, when restricted by distancing measures, if not reduced staffing levels.

Thats why i refuse to use any retailer who uses royal mail or p farce if everyone did this they would change or go bust

That's fine if you live in the part of the UK which is most populated. Live anywhere remote (like the Scottish Highlands) and the vast majority of couriers charge extra - sometimes ridiculous amounts - to post to the far reaches of the UK. Royal Mail and Parcelforce do not, so for those of us living in such places these services can be the difference between placing an order or not with a supplier (as the suppliers simply pass on these extra courier charges to us as the customer - next time you place an order for something have a look at the delivery section and look for surcharges). I believe the key is choice, not necessarily to refuse to use a particular supplier en-masse.

That's fine if you live in the part of the UK which is most populated. Live anywhere remote (like the Scottish Highlands) and the vast majority of couriers charge extra - sometimes ridiculous amounts - to post to the far reaches of the UK. Royal Mail and Parcelforce do not, so for those of us living in such places these services can be the difference between placing an order or not with a supplier (as the suppliers simply pass on these extra courier charges to us as the customer - next time you place an order for something have a look at the delivery section and look for surcharges). I believe the key is choice, not necessarily to refuse to use a particular supplier en-masse.
I have just used what you say in your post (option) i paid £2-00p more for delivery by dpd if that option had not been available they would not have gotten the order

When I logged onto the account I'd created and went into orders it was saying 'no orders' so I called them just to make sure the order was placed as they'd taken my money. When I was told my order was being dispatched I thought it may take another couple of days and I'd receive an email(from Brew uk) saying it was with Parcel Force but I didn't get that email for about 3 days, this was on the Friday and PF delivered it 8am Monday morning.

Thans. Sadly mine is still processing. Starting to get a bit annoyed now tbh.

Not to gloat of course but just to offer a little hope, I just received an email that the order I placed on the 6th April has just shipped. I guess I'll get it towards the end of the week, may be early next. This is the first contact I've had from them in three weeks apart from when I was able to get them on the phone on Monday.

I’ve just placed a large (for me anyway) order from the Home Brew Shop, hopefully no problem although I’m being realistic and giving them plenty time to process it

My order from Brew UK took nearly a month. When i got it there was some damage (not blaming Brew UK for that, but the response time on sorting it would be a nightmare).
However my order from the Home brew shop took 2 days.

I am not saying I will never use Brew UK again, but certainly not until this has all died down.

... I am not saying I will never use Brew UK again, but certainly not until this has all died down.
Aye. As I said in my earlier post, no need to knock BrewUK. I got a reply to my "refund" email just a moment ago which pretty much confirms what I said; the situation caught them with their pants down.

I'm guilty too: I haven't used anything from my replacement order with MM yet. I could have sat tight and the BrewUK order would have turned up in the next few days. BrewUK are a good company that will try hard to get your order to you, they just didn't read the current virus situation too well. Well, there's no prior examples to learn from is there.

If you are still waiting for stuff from BrewUK, don't panic! Orders do appear to be taking 4-6 weeks, but I don't think Greg et al are thinking of taking your money and flying to the Bahamas (I don't think that's an option these days anyhow!). athumb..

For anyone interested, I ordered £70 worth of hops and yeast (and a kit) from The Home Brew Shop late last night and I’ve just had an email saying that’s it shipped!
Stuff waiting 4-6 weeks

They're a good company and in normal times, I've checked comparison orders with competitors and always used them because I found them best on price and availability. their hop prices are distinctly better than Malt Miller. Their delivery is also fine in normal times. The only thing I think they should do is update the website because the 10 day processing time is clearly no longer accurate.

Just got an email from BrewUK. Gotta feel for them, shame it didn't come out earlier.

"Sorry for the delays in despatch and the lack of customer service response in recent weeks. We've tried to continue to operate as best we could so that customers could continue to place orders albeit with extended delivery times. As we've tried to keep up with orders, incoming stock and changes in working practices this has put unprecidented strain on all aspects of our business resulting a regretable drop in standards.

Please rest assured that our intentions have always been good and we've done the best we can to manage.

We have now closed the website while we catch up on the current back log and hope to have this cleared within the next 10 days.

We are currently processing orders from 9th April. We will contact customers individually with any orders that are likely to have delays extended beyond that.

Rest assured that we'll get your order to you as soon as possible but should you wish to cancel an order that hasn't shipped please email [email protected]with the order ref and "REFUND" in the title so we can indentify and process these ASAP. "

We wish all our customers the best and will continue to support you whilst the current crisis continues."

So the saga of my BrewUK order from the 6th April continues. The parcel was finally received by the Milton Kenyes depot on the 30th April and now they've lost it:( Who knows what will happen now...

BUGG3R indeed!

I managed to get through to the Parcel Force MK depot this morning and they have lost the 25kg box, they suggested I contact the seller and ask for a refund. Just sent my second email to them hopefully they will get back to me as they are not answering the phone :(

On a happier note, I placed an order with THBC last Thursday and it arrived Saturday, which was nice.

Hopefully they will do the right thing.

I ordered some stuff from THBC last Friday and I have an email saying it's being delivered today, so happy days and my tall larder fridge is being delivered this afternoon for my kegerator project.

Hopefully they will do the right thing.

I ordered some stuff from THBC last Friday and I have an email saying it's being delivered today, so happy days and my tall larder fridge is being delivered this afternoon for my kegerator project.

Proper service, this lockdown is certainly sorting the good from the bad

Latest posts

Back