Brewzilla pump failiure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowman

Reaction score
Whilst heating up my strike water this morning, the pump on my brewzilla suddenly decided to stop moving water. It isn't blocked and I've looked at the wiring and the pump and nothing is hot or rusted/corroded.

It was running and stopped pulling but the pump was turning. Now whenever I try to turn it on it trips all my electrics. I can't see anywhere where it shorts out
Has Anyone had this problem or any idea how to fix it before I order a new pump?
Tia

Not had it but is the impeller worn as if the pump is running it should pull something I would have thought. Is it possible strip it down and clean it you may get to the reason which will help in the decision to order a new one or not

I'll take it apart tommorrow and report back
All the Chinese SVB's use the same pump, not a lot can go wrong with the mag drive impeller, apart from blockage. I would be a little worried about what seems to be an overload on the circuit.

I've taken it apart and it's a bit wet inside of the electrical part but clean inside the impellers. I'm letting it dry out and seeing if it still works and I need some new seals

I've taken it apart and it's a bit wet inside of the electrical part but clean inside the impellers. I'm letting it dry out and seeing if it still works and I need some new seals
Don't forget you have a 3 year warranty. Get them to replace the pump, doubt they would be paying $10 wholesale for them

Mine wasn't working this morning. Was properly cleaned last time, and not blocked, just hummed when I tried to circulate some water.
Pulled bottom off and gave it a tap and it burst into life.
Hopefully just stuck, seems to be going now, water heating atm, will report back...

Brew went fine (a Rauchbier). Can only assume it was stuck after drying out after a good clean. Had sat a few months.

Will def give a test run before next brew. Far better to discover before it's full of hot
wort... 🙂

I had a similar BZ pump issue and it appeared not to be blocked. So I spayed water from my garden hose into the hole inside the BZ and a bunch of grains popped out. Then began a dance of spaying and shaking until it was clear.

After every session with my Ace/Brew Monk I take off the recirculation attachment and put the garden hose down the exterior tube it rinses out any residual **** into the kettle

After every session with my Ace/Brew Monk I take off the recirculation attachment and put the garden hose down the exterior tube it rinses out any residual **** into the kettle
I do this too...very satisfying...though on the BZ's alot of people report splitting the bent silicone hose that connects the inlet at the bottom of the kettle to the pump due to the water pressure of the hose. I've not had an issue doing this in about 40 brews so maybe it depends on your water pressure and hose nozzle design.

Yep I run water from a hose in both directions during clean up post brew. Just push the nozzle onto the cam lock fitting on top of the tube, and onto the pump inlet on bottom of the BZ.
Had done this last time too though so was surprised the pump stuck. Will keep an eye on it...

Also cheers for the warning on splitting the silicon hose if too much pressure applied. athumb..

Latest posts

Back