Brewzilla Robobrew question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that profile something you created yourself? I can't see it in Brewfather. I use the one below it Brewzilla/Robobrew 35l, which has always (all 5 times!) produced good results for me. Inputting 7kg of grain under this profile (and nothing else - I was just interested in what the suggested mash volume would be) produces this
Capture.JPG

This suggests its calculated a mash volume of 28.65l, which is much closer to what you used last time.

You could try using a smaller amount of grain to produce a smaller batch at the strength you're after, e.g. 5.65kg of grain will produce 20l of beer at an o.g. of 1067

Is that profile something you created yourself? I can't see it in Brewfather. I use the one below it Brewzilla/Robobrew 35l, which has always (all 5 times!) produced good results for me. Inputting 7kg of grain under this profile (and nothing else - I was just interested in what the suggested mash volume would be) produces this
View attachment 43624

This suggests its calculated a mash volume of 28.65l, which is much closer to what you used last time.

You could try using a smaller amount of grain to produce a smaller batch at the strength you're after, e.g. 5.65kg of grain will produce 20l of beer at an o.g. of 1067
You highlight a good point about the water amount warning, which limits the mash volume to not exceed the mash pipe overflow even before recirculation. It's worth considering reducing the batch volume to avoid the water adjustment warning so keeping the mash thickness within target.

Anna

View attachment 43624

It is a profile saved from the home brew network’s recipes on Brewfather. Quite a few people on the Robobrew Facebook group use it and recommend it.

l won’t be using it again though.

if I do a 6kg+ grain bill again I’ll use 27 ish litres again. It worked fine last time- looked messy but efficiency was good and it didn’t cause any problems.
Reducing batch size is an option, but when you go to the bother of a 4-5hr brew day I’d prefer the extra few litres.

Latest posts

Back