Brewzilla wort chiller connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bundle from brewkegtap and it looked like this:
1602065732125.png

Ready to rock.

Looks like you are missing:
1602065836553.png

Thanks guys. So that looks like a hozelock adaptor. Is that right??

I tried the one i have fitted to my outside tap but thats much too large to fit these adaptors.

It is, but it looks like there is an adapter, which in the pictures looks like the grey insert to reduce the thread size.

@Aeropars The ones from Wilko will do you fine. That's what I've got on mine. Wrap some PTFE tape around the steel thread before screwing on the hose adapter to make it more water tight.

Not sure if you've attached the connection fittings yet, but make sure you get the ferrules (the silver rings inside) the right way round and also have two spanners to hand to tighten it up as tight as it will go. You won't get away with finger tight.

Last edited:
Anyway @BlackRegent posted that he’d be willing to share his experiences so far as a relatively new user which I responded to with a thanks comment.

As another new user myself is it worthwhile starting a new thread to share knowledge, experiences and good practice? I’ve done a quick search on here and there doesn’t seem to be such a thread.

Anyone else up for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
As another new user myself is it worthwhile starting a new thread to share knowledge, experiences and good practice? I’ve done a quick search on here and there doesn’t seem to be such a thread.

Anyone else up for this?

I'm up for this. Lots of people seem to have bought them of late and it would be good to pool experience.

I'm up for this. Lots of people seem to have bought them of late and it would be good to pool experience.

That’s great athumb..

I’ve just checked mine out and now ready to start the first brew, just need to get the ingredients from the Malt Miller so probably towards the end of next week.

@Aeropars The ones from Wilko will do you fine. That's what I've got on mine. Wrap some PTFE tape around the steel thread before screwing on the hose adapter to make it more water tight.

Not sure if you've attached the connection fittings yet, but make sure you get the ferrules (the silver rings inside) the right way round and also have two spanners to hand to tighten it up as tight as it will go. You won't get away with finger tight.

All sorted now I hope. Should have an amazon delivery today with some metal hozelock adaptors so i'll get it all rigged up and water test it.

I'm certainly up for a newbe thread. I coudl use all the help I can get! I'm going to start by brewing a Kveik based ESB but i really want to get on to some NEIPA's!

Latest posts

Back