Brexit your vote to leave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Several members have said Brexiters didn't understand the implications of their vote here is your chance to put the record straight.

Last edited:
I knew like any sensible person that it would be a hard and divisive slog and that the EU partners would make it as hard as they could for us to leave as other EU members who were disillusioned with it would also leave if it was made easy. This was all pointed out by the remainers on many occasions on both tv news and debate programmes with a lot of the implications discussed. My main reason for leaving is that I wanted to be in charge of my own country and its decisions not bound by unelected hierarchy - I vote for who I want to govern me

I agree with what the Baron said. Also I voted Leave to escape the horrendous wastage that the EU creates, such as the fishing quotas that force fishermen to dump tonnes of perfectly good fish, the CAP which gifts millions to French farmers for legacy reasons, or the European Parliament translation costs for translating every word spoken in the house into 24 different languages, including Irish Gaelic, even though only one MEP has ever given a speech in Gaelic. Perhaps after the UK leaves they could drop English from that list and save a fortune.

So many reasons I voted leave, just knowing Tony Blair was on remain is A good enough reason

I have edited the title of this thread and moved all the posts not on topic to the Boris thread as that is now so far off topic it may as well be a general Brexit discussion thread.

I wanted more done to control immigration. Ironically, nothing has been said on this on either side of the Brexit "debate".
I wanted this above all else as the area I live in has been over-run by wave upon wave of immigrants for whom there is neither room nor requirement.
There are no career prospects and the price of almost all labour has been bid down to around the level of benefits.

Why have the politicians chosen to bicker amongst each other rather than address the only important issue?

Overpopulation is the destroyer of relative affluence and will be the destruction of the planet. Immigration is how overpopulation is manifested in the relatively affluent Western Europe.

To repeat the OP including a small edit -

Several members have said Brexiters didn't understand the implications of their vote (and worse) here is your chance to put the record straight.

If any member wants to discuss leavers decisions above feel free to open another thread.

I voted leave because it was time for a change. None of the lies on immigration and money to the NHS were believed. The country isn't over crowded and we get more benefit from immigration than people realise. There are more brits living abroad than there are not Brits living here, fact! The difference is British immigrants are called "ex pat's".

I was also sick of Farage whining on and hoped that this would shut his racist power hungry mouth.

Let's get on with the move then carry on as normal. Nothing is going to change in reality. Immigration won't change, there's no extra money for NHS, every Brit will not all of a sudden start paying less for ****.

Just leave and carry on already

Can I again remind people to read my OP this is not a Brexit debate thread and any off topic threads have and will be deleted.

This is the second time I have had to delete posts and point this out I really don't want to ask again!

Last edited:
Can I again remind people to read my OP this is not a Brexit debate thread and any off topic threads have and will be deleted.

This is the second time I have had to delete posts and point this out I really don't want to ask again!

well done chippy the it keeps being hijacked they obviously do not read the title

well done chippy the it keeps being hijacked they obviously do not read the title

Not only the title but two requests not to take the thread off topic.

In post number 10 i said -
This is the second time I have had to delete posts and point this out I really don't want to ask again

Having just removed more off topic posts and as some members seem to think they can post whatever they like when they like i am issuing a warning the next member who ignores the above will have the right to post in the Snug temporarily removed.

Back