Brexit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
…….

● Agreed trade deals with 70 countries plus the EU . ….
……..

Er … please explain who was lying when Prince Charles said in The Queen’s Speech yesterday:

“My Government will continue to champion international trade, delivering jobs across the country and growing the economy. Legislation will be introduced to enable the implementation of the United Kingdom’s first new Free Trade Agreements since leaving the European Union [Trade (Australia and New Zealand) Bill].”

My money is on the proven liar!

While I’m here, I may as we’ll point out that Prince Charles also said:

“A Bill will be brought forward to drive local growth, empowering local leaders to regenerate their areas, and ensuring everyone can share in the United Kingdom’s success. The planning system will be reformed to give residents more involvement in local development [Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill].”

I presume that the last sentence was referring to the Planning Reforms that have been dropped today after what the BBC calls “a Conservative backlash”.
:hat:

This is brilliant i throw a couple of posts of bullet points that i didn't even bother to read into a thread playing devils advocate and like @Robin54 said in the other thread people cannot help themselves -
Brilliant thread. I threw in a ridiculous, flippant remark and you all rose to the bait like a demented trout.

Last edited:
Er … please explain who was lying when Prince Charles said in The Queen’s Speech yesterday:

Er .... i have no intention of explaining what was in the bullet points or the queens speech as i said in post #62 i have no interest, the main thing i am trying to show is people are still banging on about Brexit two years on and the same people will still be moaning in years to come nothing is going to change the fact is the majority voted to leave for whatever personal reasons they had and that was their right.

Last edited:
Heres another, A tweet from RUPA HUQ, the labour MP for Ealing.....
"With such a thin Queens speech, no wonder, Her Majesty, opted to work from home today"

5DDCAD0F-CF6C-4E75-9A76-37CF996F760B.jpeg

This is brilliant i throw a couple of pages of bullet points that i didn't even bother to read into a thread playing devils advocate and like @Robin54 said in the other thread -
You cunning genius, you had me going there.
I haven't laughed this hard since I heard Boris was made Prime Minister.

Anyway I think it's still 95 points to go.

Genuine question here. But as I don’t live in the uk could someone please explain Brexit to me ? And why some like it and some don’t. Thanks.

Genuine question here. But as I don’t live in the uk could someone please explain Brexit to me ? And why some like it and some don’t. Thanks.
Watch this, and then you realise its a crazy world, the like of which you and I will never understand

Anyway, put the daughter to bed, fed the animals and made dinner.
Time to fill me boots.

● Restored democratic control over our lawmaking. We gave the power to make and scrutinise the laws that apply to us back to our Parliament and the devolved Parliaments so that they are now made in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London, not Brussels.
● Restored the UK Supreme Court as the final arbiter of the law that applies in the UK. UK judges, sitting in UK courts, now determine the law of the land in the UK, with judgments issued in English, not French, and accessible to those who speak Welsh.

Bit lazy on my behalf but I'm going to copy and paste the counter arguements from an online publication.

‘RESTORED DEMOCRATIC CONTROL OVER OUR LAWMAKING’
Even if the EU had democratic control over UK lawmaking – which was never the case – the UK Government has not returned power to the British people. In reality, Boris Johnson has monopolised power in Downing Street, repeatedly and flagrantly violating the rules of Parliament and minimising the influence of his Cabinet.

Moreover, the Government has actively pursued authoritarian legislation that will in fact diminish the powers and freedoms of the British people – including laws to criminalise protests, disenfranchise marginalised voters, arbitrarily strip citizenship, and deny the right to asylum.

‘RESTORED THE UK SUPREME COURT AS THE FINAL ARBITER OF THE LAW THAT APPLIES IN THE UK’
While this may be true to some extent, the UK Government is engaged in a protracted and heated row with the EU about the ongoing oversight of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) over the Northern Ireland Protocol – which governs the post-Brexit trading terms between the EU, Britain and Northern Ireland.

The UK agreed to this arrangement during Brexit negotiations, only later deciding that it isn’t comfortable with the role of the ECJ.

What’s more, although Brexit may have increased the authority of UK courts, Boris Johnson’s Government is simultaneously attempting to curtail the power of the judiciary – seeking to reform the ways in which judicial reviews can challenge the decisions of government.

These points were copy and pasted from the publication below;

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/02/01/fact-checking-the-governments-benefits-of-brexit-report/

Thats two more down.

I would not recommend cannabis oil to you @Chippy_Tea .
Cannabis can make people paranoid, angry and erratic.

Well thanks for the advice as one of the most chilled out members of the forum i wouldn't want to take anything that would make me paranoid, angry or erratic ;)

Definition of internet trolling

What is trolling? In scientific literature, internet trolling is defined as a malicious online behaviour, characterised by aggressive and deliberate provocation of others. “Trolls” seek to provoke, upset and harm others via inflammatory messages and posts

Latest posts

Back