Brexit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a form of trolling then đź‘Ź

Definition of internet trolling
What is trolling? In scientific literature, internet trolling is defined as a malicious online behaviour, characterised by aggressive and deliberate provocation of others. “Trolls” seek to provoke, upset and harm others via inflammatory messages and posts

It depends whether you call playing devils advocate (which i did mention in the earlier post) to further a debate that at the time trolling i don't but feel free to report any post you feel break any forum rules ;)

Nah, it's comedy.
It's like Alan Partridge or Boris Johnson's premiership.
Pure farce

The ongoing issue here is you have never played devils advocate.

No the ongoing issue is you don't like it when someone disagrees with you!

Would you like some sugar to put on those sour grapes? :laugh8:

Last edited:
Anyway, time to watch 'Star Trek: Picard'

This episode Bajor breaks off from the federation to make a new trade deals with Cardassia and the Romulan empire.
Cracking stuff.

No the ongoing issue is you don't like it when someone disagrees with you!

Would you like some sugar to put on those sour grapes? :laugh8:
Ah for God's sake I had to pause.
Bajor was just nailing a trade deal with the Klingons to import Tribbles.

No problem with people not agreeing with me. As I said before, family members voted for Brexit and fair play to them. I am Catholic and my wife and sister are Atheists, no issue. I love alcohol my wife is tee-total (designated driver).

Aw, deadly, now the Bajorian can refuse refugees coming from the Borg. Stonking episode this.

I meant on the forum
Ah for God's sake I had to pause.
Bajor was just nailing a trade deal with the Klingons to import Tribbles.

No problem with people not agreeing with me. As I said before, family members voted for Brexit and fair play to them. I am Catholic and my wife and sister are Atheists, no issue. I love alcohol my wife is tee-total (designated driver).

Aw, deadly, now the Bajorian can refuse refugees coming from the Borg. Stonking episode this.

I meant on the forum but you knew that when you posted.

Chippy which definition applies to you

devil's advocate

noun
unpunctuated: devils advocate; noun: devil's advocate; plural noun: devil's advocates
  1. a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.
    "the interviewer will need to play devil's advocate, to put the other side's case forward"
    • HISTORICAL
      a person appointed by the Roman Catholic Church to challenge a proposed beatification or canonization, or the verification of a miracle.

Chippy which definition applies to you

devil's advocate

noun
unpunctuated: devils advocate; noun: devil's advocate; plural noun: devil's advocates
  1. a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.
    "the interviewer will need to play devil's advocate, to put the other side's case forward"
    • HISTORICAL
      a person appointed by the Roman Catholic Church to challenge a proposed beatification or canonization, or the verification of a miracle.

I guess as I am not RC it'll have to be the former.

Genuine question here. But as I don’t live in the uk could someone please explain Brexit to me ? And why some like it and some don’t. Thanks.

Read this, best explanation I've seen anywhere.
His reasoning as to why people voted the ways they did work on everyone I've met since who has been prepared to say which way they voted.
Also pretty good on what some consider the mystery of the working class Conservative vote.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Somew...1652337893&sprefix=the+road+to+,aps,87&sr=8-1

● Providing life-changing experiences and opportunities in education and training across the world through the Turing Scheme. We have set up the Turing Scheme, a new international educational exchange scheme that provides funding for international opportunities in education and training across the world so that UK students, learners and pupils can experience a wider range of cultures and international education institutions.
This article questions if the Turing Scheme is any good compared to Erasmus (my wife benefited hugely from the Erasmus scheme).

https://universitytimes.ie/2021/06/the-turing-scheme-a-brexit-induced-alternative-to-erasmus/
The quote that I copy and pasted below is quite interesting.

“at one point, up to a third of [the British Youth Council’s] funding came from Erasmus”, so the loss of the scheme will result in “a huge restructuring of our charity”. To make matters worse, they explain that “the government has said basically nothing about replacing that funding … and it’s not small money that we could ask local funders for”.

I've lost count now. How many points are left. I think I done 4 and @Dutto has done 3.

Fair enough. I don't think that of most Brexit voters, either. Some of them, yes. Many of the others... well let's not pick that scab and hope that it heals.
We're in a right pickle with this current shower. I can't remember any precedent and I'm struggling to imagine, quite frankly, how, without a complete overhaul of the system and a proper constitution and proportional representation, we're ever going to become a respectable nation. We need politicians and we need government; that politics in the UK has become so disreputable is a full-blown disaster. blah, blah blah. What are we going to do about it?
[/QUO
The problem as I have said many times, is the system is bent, and as long as it stays the same, people will carry on voting Labour or Conservative as there is little point voting for the others as they will never win, and by voting for them, you may get a government you don't want.
Our political system was manufactured that way; we have a four-year relay race with only two runners, both taking "their turn" to milk the people; this, unfortunately, seems to be apparent all over the world, two-party politics!

It depends whether you call playing devils advocate (which i did mention in the earlier post) to further a debate that at the time trolling i don't but feel free to report any post you feel break any forum rules ;)
I once used the “Playing the Devil’s Advocate” phrase at a Church Meeting and was brought up immediately by my Priest, Father Miles, who said:

“Please don’t use that phrase,
especially in a Church!
The Devil doesn’t need Christian’s
speaking for him!
”​

Duly admonished I have since tried very hard to never do so: but it ain’t easy!
:hat:

The government's chief law officer has received legal advice that it would be lawful to override parts of the post-Brexit treaty for Northern Ireland.

This is good news, but regardless, we just need to make the changes required. Remainers would probably say we should have seen this coming, but it's as clear as day that the EU are using this as a 'punishment', despite the fact that the troubles in NI could so easily kick off again.

Our political system was manufactured that way; we have a four-year relay race with only two runners, both taking "their turn" to milk the people; this, unfortunately, seems to be apparent all over the world, two-party politics!
I'm not sure how widespread it is to have a two party system, to be honest.
Currently there is a coalition government in the Republic of Ireland (Fine Gael, Fianna Fail & the Greens).
There is also a coalition gov in power in Germany.
I'd imagine your 'First Past the post' limits the oppurtunities for smaller parties..

Latest posts

Back