Bridgewater Brewing - New Equipment Shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone heard of these?

http://www.bridgewaterbrewing.co.uk/

They came up in a google search when I was looking at hop spiders. I assume they're new as I've not heard of them before, but then again I tend to use the same shops.

I ended up buying a thermometer and 3 piece ball valve - both of which were cheaper than most places I'd seen.

I'm not connected in any way, just wanted to see if anyone had experience of delivery turnaround?

I've bought from them a couple of times. Very good prices and although my 2nd order went missing during delivery it was replaced very quickly with no arguments and was even hand delivered by the man himself (although I am pretty local to them so maybe don't expect that in Surrey!!)

Will definitely use them again in the future.
DA

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping my delivery has come today. Haven't received any notice of despatch or tracking numbers but assume it's Royal Mail parcels?

I've bought from them a couple of times. Very good prices and although my 2nd order went missing during delivery it was replaced very quickly with no arguments and was even hand delivered by the man himself (although I am pretty local to them so maybe don't expect that in Surrey!!)

Will definitely use them again in the future.
DA

How long did they usually take to deliver? Ordered Thursday lunch and not here yet.

Only emailed yesterday so hopefully I'll either get a response or it'll arrive soon.

How long did they usually take to deliver? Ordered Thursday lunch and not here yet.

Only emailed yesterday so hopefully I'll either get a response or it'll arrive soon.

Like I said my delivery went astray in the post so it's not totally fair to hold that against them. Once I chased it up the delivery was made within 48 hours.

DA

I think that's due to the shopping cart not appearing properly, setting to 75% zoom means you can click on checkout. I got an email to say the order was accepted and the payment has gone through.

No answer to emails, neither phone number being answered and VM not returned. Mobile is now switched off.

I wonder if he's gone on holiday, although you'd think he'd have put something on the website to say deliveries won't be sent until x date - in which case I'd probably have gone elsewhere.

It turned up via a Hermes special (thrown up the side of the porch - honestly why does anyone use them?)

I've fitted the thermometer, which sealed well. I had to have a few goes of trying to fit the ball valve and it didn't seem to be working. I couldn't find the sweet spot of tight enough to stop the dripping or too tight and the inside o-ring squashed out of shape.

I was going to buy some bits from Angel. I have one of their tap kits which use two washers to encapsulate the o-ring and it swork perfectly, but I had one of Angel's smaller o-rings to hand so gave that a go. Hurrah, it seems to have sealed.

Glad it turned up, still waiting for my delivery - hoping it will come for the weekend! Planning a two vessel brutus type system.

Dear all

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, and I won't be offended if this is removed

My name is Ivor Johnstone and Bridgewater brewing is my side project. In the week I do important things in schools in london and at weekends I'm Bridgewater brewing. I won't comment on our prices but we import ourselves with stringent quality control.

The bane of our lives are couriers but when things go missing or get damaged we always replace at our own cost.

It has taken us by surprise how the business has taken off, and there have been slow delivery at times but we've always been praised for the quality of our goods and some of our customers are on their fourth order.

Looking forwards were ģoing full time from next week when we will be able to despatch daily

Ivor

Dear all

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, and I won't be offended if this is removed

My name is Ivor Johnstone and Bridgewater brewing is my side project. In the week I do important things in schools in london and at weekends I'm Bridgewater brewing. I won't comment on our prices but we import ourselves with stringent quality control.

The bane of our lives are couriers but when things go missing or get damaged we always replace at our own cost.

It has taken us by surprise how the business has taken off, and there have been slow delivery at times but we've always been praised for the quality of our goods and some of our customers are on their fourth order.

Looking forwards were ��£oing full time from next week when we will be able to despatch daily

Ivor

No problem Ivor. Good to hear from you. It's always nice when the shops that we buy from post on our forum. I always find it give a bit more of a personal touch. :thumb:

Thanks for your comments Ivor. If I could make a suggestion, an email advising when despatch is likely would have stopped my concerns.

I'm sure I'll use again if/when you use a different courier as I've had and heard of far too many issues with Hermes.

Nice products, good prices, just one problem: sent the wrong stuff.

So no brewing this weekend :(

Latest posts

Back