Britains Best 25 Pubs?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done the Black Bull at Coniston and the Whitelock at Leeds in the last three weeks, and I'm pretty sure I've been in the ones in York and Durham too. Oddly enough the Whitelock didn't have a single ale on, all 5 handpumps were off :shock:

I can vouch for the windmill at Batemans in Lincs but then a brewery tap should be good, shouldn't it :D

There are of course a myriad of other pubs I love that are not on the list two of which are Jennings pubs called the Bridge Inn :lol:

I like the Black Bull, Of course the Brunswick at Derby, and the Lord Nelson in Swold . . .

of course I prefer the Harbour Inn, the Red Lion (Both in swold), the Bell in Walberswick . . . In fact pretty much any of the Adnams pubs in Swold and surrounds . .. Not that I am down that way too often these days :(

I can only talk about the pubs in Edinburgh. I think they are talking p!sh. :shock:

The Cafe Royal is a lovely, atmospheric pub. However, whenever I have been in, and I have been going in intermittently over the last 15 years, the beer as been rubbish. The best you can get is a pint of Deuchars IPA and to be honest it isn't the beer it used to be (imo). My big issue here is that the Guildford, the pub next door, tends to have around 10 beers on handpub most nights and is has staff with better attitude.

The Oxford, it is featured regularly in the Rebus books, is a good pub but very eclectic. It is very small, uncomfortable and to a fair extent cliquey. The beer, to be honest, is very good but unless you are a local or a fan of Ian Rankin it isn't one I would rush to.

There are many very very good real ale pubs in Edinburgh that I would place above the two on the list. However I suppose its all about opinions :roll:

What a load of journalistic plastic pish!
It would appear that you cannot apparently have a good boozer outside an urban sprawl. I must be deprived as I live in the countryside
Its bollox.
The best pubs in the country are not where some flippin journalist who has been succered by plastic pub designers into believeing that their mage of a good pub is best. These are the people who brought us Fake Irish pubs, Tartan Shortbread and other such *****...
The best pubs in Brittain are where WE the drinkers say they are and we vote with our feet.
Time for a new Post " Pubs worth a visit"
Wez -Whatdyafink?

PS Yes This is a ****** up rant.... :drink:

We like and encourage ****** up rants on the forum :D Pubs worth a visit would be a great thread, why don't you do the honours Frisp ;)

There are many very very good real ale pubs in Edinburgh that I would place above the two on the list. However I suppose its all about opinions

Agreed, those two are alright but there are much better pubs in Edinburgh.

The best British pub i've been to is this one in the Lake District : http://www.watermillinn.co.uk/

My brother used to live in Lancaster and I would make visits down just to go to this pub.

Latest posts

Back