Britains best homebrewer

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Bearing in mind we are the number one U.K home brew forum in the search engine results we only have 95 live members and 747 live guests (at the time i posted) this is a decent number for a hobby forum but i doubt they would get anywhere near the viewing figures to make a TV show worth while.

Last edited:

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be particularly practical though. The series would have to be filmed over about 18 months if they are testing all sorts of styles. Even the very quickest of beers will have a minimum of a 4 week turnaround.

The competition would still be going a year after it started filming.

Slid

Forum Friend
Reaction score
Hmm, the Great Homebrew Brew-off staged over, say six brewing weekends, followed by six tasting weekends...

Episode one, the mighty Slid still has the same xxxxing issue with his dodgy GF unit and won't decide what hops until the boil is on...probably just use some manky crap he got for £1.25.

Sounds like great TV. Would not even be allowed to watch it myself.

Dulwich North

Reaction score
Maybe merge a couple of shows like 8/10 Cats does Countdown? So Celebrity Homebrewer Does Pottery Throwdown - they have to test their brews before they hit the potter's wheel.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be particularly practical though. The series would have to be filmed over about 18 months if they are testing all sorts of styles. Even the very quickest of beers will have a minimum of a 4 week turnaround.

The competition would still be going a year after it started filming.
But I have seen kits and devices that promise beer within 7 days. Show one shows people making the beer and the following week the viewers get the results

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
But I have seen kits and devices that promise beer within 7 days. Show one shows people making the beer and the following week the viewers get the results
That wouldn’t be a “Britain’s Best Homebrewer” show though, it would be a “Let’s test out a load of home brewing gimmicks” show.

trueblue

Landlord.
Reaction score
Seem to remember a few years back, around the time bake off took off, a TV researcher pitched the idea on Jim's to see if any brewers were interested. Quite a few came forward but no more was heard.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That wouldn’t be a “Britain’s Best Homebrewer” show though, it would be a “Let’s test out a load of home brewing gimmicks” show.
Got to brew the kit.

Drunkula

Landlord.
Reaction score
i doubt they would get anywhere near the viewing figures to make a TV show worth while.
It would get a one off BBC4 show, though.

My friend who works in television was going to pitch a history of homebrewing idea before the 'event' happened. Possibly with Lucy Worsley as she's worked with her on a few things. I wanted Ruth Goodman. Think Ade Edmonson would have been the pick for the main.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Lets hope they do come up with something it would be nice to see something different on the TV baking, cooking, antiques, holidays and house buying has been done to death.

Nicks90

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hahaha I can just imagine the contestants on this,
Twelve months of lockdown and a 1000 pints of homebrew later, with all the social skills of a snail and less than 500 steps a day in exercise for the duration.... We'd be a right bunch of overweight introverted old soaks.