BritBox.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BritBox your views.

• I don't watch much TV don't have Netflix so i will not be signing up.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I have Netflix and will probably give it a try (best of both worlds)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may ditch Netflix and sign up to BritBox instead (if its any good)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have Netflix and no interest in BritBox.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have Netflix so wont be subscribing and looking at some of the stuff they are going to show you can already see some of it on freeview/freesat now, will any members be signing up?

BBC and ITV unveil launch plans for BritBox streaming service

BBC and ITV’s new streaming service, BritBox, will launch in the autumn priced £5.99 a month but will go live without any exclusive new programmes and faces little chance of eating into Netflix’s market dominance.

BritBox is being pitched as a cheaper additional streaming service for consumers who already subscribe to Netflix, with a focus on providing thousands of hours of archive material and classic boxsets from the two broadcasters.

Headline launch programmes on the service are the ITV reality show Love Island, the BBC sitcom Famalam and the dramas Cleaning Up and Gentleman Jack. There will also be archive drama and comedy including Gavin & Stacey, Victoria, Happy Valley, Broadchurch, Les Miserables, The Office and Benidorm.

Read in full - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...h-plans-for-britbox-streaming-service-netflix

We’ve got Netflix, by virtue of an offer with sky for £2 a month. Certainly won’t be paying any more for old bbc and itv shows.

Sounds pants. However, if this means they'll be reducing the content available on BBC iplayer that would be a shame.

I must admit, I just don’t get this at the moment. If ITV and BBC (who are the major stakeholders) think I’m going to pay a monthly subscription to watch 20-year old programmes that I’ve already watched and paid for through the licence fee, then they’re very much mistaken.

Aren't all these programmes on their respective on demand platforms now? Also don't itv do a premium platform already. Surely itv can make a free to view platform work through the ads?

Sounds pants. However, if this means they'll be reducing the content available on BBC iplayer that would be a shame.
Sounds like they’re trying to increase the time programmes stay on iPlayer from 28 days to 12 months, so hopefully this will just be older shows

I don't have netflix but would likely give this a go but not expect to keep it for more than a month unless its great.

Latest posts

Back