British IS schoolgirl 'wants to return home'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This story has now turned into ......... It's the stuff that stirs up people's emotions and so the newspapers have latched onto it and so have the online news channels. But the time to get agitated is when she lands back in the UK as surely she will, and then either avoids trial or gets a light sentence due to our lenient legal system, if indeed she is found guilty of a crime. Until then its just conjecture.

They have revoked her British citizenship, i was not expecting that.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-19...evoked-by-british-government-itv-news-learns/

Islamic State schoolgirl Shamima Begum has had her citizenship revoked, her family has been told in a letter from the Home Office.

The letter, obtained by ITV News, was received by Ms Begum's mother on Tuesday.

"Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship," the letter read.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter went on to urge Ms Begum's family to make her aware of the decision, and added that she had a right to appeal.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the family's lawyer, Tasnime Akunjee, said: "Family are very disappointed with the Home Office's intention to have an order made depriving Shamima of her citizenship.

"We are considering all legal avenues to challenge this decision."

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-19...evoked-by-british-government-itv-news-learns/

Last edited:
We've all done it, haven't we. We've gone out on the plss and awoke the next day with that dreaded feeling of, 'oh no, did I really do that last night? Whoops!' And the next thing you know, you've joined ISIS and been turned into a Jehadi baby-making machine. Ah, the memories, those misty, water coloured memories...

Brilliant news that she’s being stripped of her British citizenship. For once, we’ve done exactly the right thing. Her family are already making noises about pursuing it through the courts so it’s not over yet, but this has to be UK policy in all of these cases.

Enjoy your life in Syria.

They have revoked her British citizenship, i was not expecting that.

Islamic State schoolgirl Shamima Begum has had her citizenship revoked, her family has been told in a letter from the Home Office.

The letter, obtained by ITV News, was received by Ms Begum's mother on Tuesday.

"Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship," the letter read.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter went on to urge Ms Begum's family to make her aware of the decision, and added that she had a right to appeal.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the family's lawyer, Tasnime Akunjee, said: "Family are very disappointed with the Home Office's intention to have an order made depriving Shamima of her citizenship.

"We are considering all legal avenues to challenge this decision."

REMEMBER ARNIE, 'SHE'LL BE BACK',

I totally agree with the sentiment that its great shes not coming back but the danger is next time we want to deport a Syrian hate preacher or something Syria could just cancel there citizenship and we can't deport them.

I think it's Bangladesh she is suspected of having dual citizenship of, this allowing her British one to be revoked. Interestingly, her 'friend of extremists and terrorists' lawyer has said that she doesn't have a Bangladesh passport; which I note is subtly different to claiming hands down that she doesn't hold citizenship.

We've all done it, haven't we. We've gone out on the plss and awoke the next day with that dreaded feeling of, 'oh no, did I really do that last night? Whoops!' ......... Ah, the memories, those misty, water coloured memories...

Totally off subject but that brought back my own "Not the fat girl in the red dress!" memories!

That's the thought that comes after waking up in a strange bed, with a horrendous hangover and the feel of a warm body laying alongside your back.

When you finally summon up enough courage to open your eyes, right in front of you, draped over a chair is a voluminous red dress and it's time to start planning your exit strategy!

Happy Days!!

I totally agree with the sentiment that its great shes not coming back but the danger is next time we want to deport a Syrian hate preacher or something Syria could just cancel there citizenship and we can't deport them.
You don't generally get Syrian ' hate preachers' to deport.
If these ' hate preachers' had been deported back to Bangladesh, Pakistan,Egypt, Saudi etc, decades ago instead of spouting hate at speakers corner and the like this problem would not be with us now.
There are tens of thousands walking the streets of UK with a mindset out of the Iron-age desert and they hate everything that Europe stands for and are poisoning the society that stupidly,has allowed in all the components of its' own destruction .
In truth every member of her family should be examined for complicity ( there seems anecdotal evidence) and sent back where they came if need be and every other loon who went to kill for the caliphate should be treated the same.

It said on the radio that she is entitled to claim Bangladeshy citizenship (presumably that's where her parents are from) so we can revoke her British citizenship as it won't leave her stateless. Fair enough.

You don't generally get Syrian ' hate preachers' to deport.
If these ' hate preachers' had been deported back to Bangladesh, Pakistan,Egypt, Saudi etc, decades ago instead of spouting hate at speakers corner and the like this problem would not be with us now.
There are tens of thousands walking the streets of UK with a mindset out of the Iron-age desert and they hate everything that Europe stands for and are poisoning the society that stupidly,has allowed in all the components of its' own destruction .
In truth every member of her family should be examined for complicity ( there seems anecdotal evidence) and sent back where they came if need be and every other loon who went to kill for the caliphate should be treated the same.
I totally agree, I used the Syrian hate preachers as an example though not a realistic one just to say if we don't take responsibility for our citizens in other countries we can't expect others to take theres. Its not an issue in this case as there not trying to deport her but it shows if an IS fighter was being deported from X country to the UK we could just cancel there citizenship and say no your stuck with them. I had no idea about the possible Bangladesh nationality at the time of writing.

I totally agree, I used the Syrian hate preachers as an example though not a realistic one just to say if we don't take responsibility for our citizens in other countries we can't expect others to take theres. Its not an issue in this case as there not trying to deport her but it shows if an IS fighter was being deported from X country to the UK we could just cancel there citizenship and say no your stuck with them. I had no idea about the possible Bangladesh nationality at the time of writing.
I take your point about taking responsibility for ' citizens', perhaps read ' passport holders' but if a crime is committed in Syria then it should be punished in Syria and the consular help of a state comes with respect for the values of whatever state you expect help from.
There have been cases of people going to help fight these Islamic State animals who have been arrested on their return to UK , having done their bit to uphold the ' civilized' values the West is supposed to espouse so, no sympathy whatever for this parasite.
This parasite has demonstrated her contempt for ' British values' and the lives of Syrian children and now will try and acquire a Dutch passport via her psychopathic husbands connection.
I fear our limp wristed government will allow her back on a Dutch passport with the child she's named after a Mohammedan Jew-killer and notable all round butcher to be a potential time bomb and threaten my kids!
It's enough to drive you to drink!

I'm wondering how a "here today and gone tomorrow" (if you don't believe me then you've not been following government changes over the last two years) Home Secretary manages to change the law for a single person!

Over the years I've thought quite a few UK Passport holders should be made stateless the minute they left the country.

How about:
  1. Sir Philip Green or Robert Maxwell? They didn't kill anyone but they have made the lives of thousands of hard working UK citizens an absolute misery!
  2. Those lads who make you proud to be British, the "Football Hooligan"? They go overseas and get involved in violence just for the sake of it.
  3. How about Gary Glitter? We took him back even after a court in Vietnam sentenced him to prison for pedophilia.
I'm sure there are many more people we would be better off never having in the country ever again; but I reckon that changing the law to keep one woman out of the UK is a bit much!

He hasn't changed the law, Dutto. The law was changed to allow the removal of UK citizenship from dual nationals in cases of national security some time ago. Ironically, it was during Tharesa Mays tenure as home secretary that this happened. He can do this in this individuals case because as her parents are Bangladesh nationals, and by their constitution, their children get automatic Bangladeshi nationality that can't be revoked until they are 21. So he appears to be acting well within his rights, although I imagine the UK courts will have the final say, which is, of course how it should be.

Latest posts

Back