British IS schoolgirl 'wants to return home'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
She decided to go against all advice and now wants to come 'home' to have her baby as her last two died, there is no way she should be let back in she has no remorse says seeing severed heads in bins didn't faze her and would no doubt get a house and be looked after by the state and sell her story if let back in.

The people on 5 live saying she should be allowed back are saying she was only 15 when she went so was not of an age where she could have made a rational decision but it turns out she was a grade A student so for me that argument holds no water.

Please remember the forum rules if you answer.

One of three schoolgirls who left east London in 2015 to join the Islamic State group says she has no regrets, but wants to return to the UK.

In an interview with the Times, Shamima Begum, now 19, talked about seeing "beheaded heads" in bins - but said that it "did not faze her".

Speaking from a refugee camp in Syria, she said she was nine months pregnant and wanted to come home for her baby.

She said she'd had two other children who had both died.

She also described how one of her two school friends that had left the UK with her had died in a bombing. The fate of the third girl is unclear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

Last edited:
Oh, she'll be looked after by the state all right. At her majesty's pleasure. You can get sent to jail for just sending money abroad to an IS fighter, so I've no doubt she'll be charged under terrorism legislation.

How can you have a 'beheaded head' - is that what it takes to get a grade A, these days? Sheesh. She'll do alright for herself here, anyway. Or those that should know better will do alright for her. This world....

Her level of academic intelligence aged 15 is irrelevant in my opinion; she would have still be just as susceptible to being brain-washed and or radicalised.

How can you have a 'beheaded head' - is that what it takes to get a grade A, these days? Sheesh. She'll do alright for herself here, anyway. Or those that should know better will do alright for her. This world....

We'll she mustnt be the sharpest spoon in the knife drawer. She went to fight for a terrorist organisation who treat women as second class citzens at best

She'll be a hero to more people than anybody would like to acknowledge.

True. Which seems one of the reasons why British authorities dont seem particularly keen on having her back

"It would cost a "vast amount of money" and the biggest challenge would be for local police to keep her safe and ensure she did not become a lightning rod for both right-wing extremists and Islamic extremists, he added."

My guess is she'll be allowed back. On the grounds that the welfare of the perfectly innocent child takes priority. But whether the child is immediately taken off her, that's a different matter. Wonder if she's thought of that? But with other comments saying she obviously wasn't the "sharpest spoon" I'll take that as "no".

As she is member of a group who eschew alcohol. I am completely at a loss to understand her motives, her moral framework or even her ontological status. But I promise to partake of several pints of "The Shamen" this evening and await a revelation.
Peace and love, man.

No returne, no NHS or the baby goes straight into care never to be exposed to her mother's views. She is radical, dangerous and gave herself to killers nor from what I've seen has she renounced IS.

There is no reason for the UK to have this treasonous person back although I do feel very very sorry for her family.

Aamcle

was watching on a program this morning as J.R. Mogg explained that as she just has british nationality, legally she will be let back in. if she held dual nationality they had grounds then to refuse her.
personally i say we should leave her were she is and let her reap what she sowed! nothing good will come from this

I'm in no doubt that she'll be let back in as she has a legal right to be here, but she needs to go straight onto a terror watchlist (if she's not on it already), wear a tag, report to a Police station once a week and have her child removed from her on the basis that she joined a terrorist organisation that threatened this country. She's shown no remorse and probably wants to come back to have her baby so that she can enjoy all that the NHS has to offer.

Hopefully, she can be charged but I guess that will come further down the line.

In an ideal world I'd like to see her refused entry, but we must be seen to abide by the law.

Hopefully, she can be charged but I guess that will come further down the line.

They should lock her up the moment she sets foot in the U.K. she knew the consequences of the action she took.

She's made her bed. Let her lie in it.

At the time she went she was only 15 and had been groomed and radicalised and made mistake (who hasnt done something stupid when they were a teenager, although joining a terrorist organisation is taking teenage rebellion a bit far) . HOWEVER, she appears to show no remose at the moment so I dont think she deserves any sympathy

At the time she went she was only 15 and had been groomed and radicalised and made mistake (who hasnt done something stupid when they were a teenager, although joining a terrorist organisation is taking teenage rebellion a bit far) . HOWEVER, she appears to show no remose at the moment so I dont think she deserves any sympathy

Its the lack of remorse and the "Not fazed" when seeing human heads in a bin that will stick in most peoples craw, i do not care that she was young when she made the decision to go she is now old enough now to admit she made a mistake but it would seem she doesn't think she has.

They are interviewing people from her town as i type this they are calling her a traitor and one just said what mother lets her child starve to death (twice) but eats enough to stay alive herself.

Not one has said she should be allowed back.

Back