Britons cut meat-eating by 17% [Poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you eat as much red meat as you did 10 years ago?

• I eat more than i did 10 years ago.

• I eat as much as i did 10 years ago.

• I don't eat as much as i did 10 years ago.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Definitely eat more red meat, after 17 years of living with a " white meat" only vegetarian esc ex wife....... Beef etc is defiantly back firmly on the menu on a more frequent basis

I remember getting a 8oz steak chips and all the vegies for £2.50 at a hotel in Middlsborgh all paid for by British Steel
Those were the days.

While I don't dispute what you say, it's a bit late to tell people to stop having kids, unfortunately. So we have to find ways for all 7+ billion to live on the planet with as small an impact as possible. Not an easy task!
But had the Catholic church changed their stance on contraception at some time over the past two thousand years, that would probably have helped.

But had the Catholic church changed their stance on contraception at some time over the past two thousand years, that would probably have helped.
Probably not, contraception, as we know it, is quite a modern phenonema.

Christianinty did not become the official religion of the Roman Empire until the 4th Century Ad, so the Catholic Church is around 1600 years old.
Considering the church schismed between Eastern Orthodox and the further in the reformation the Catholic church's influence wasn't total.
Of course Asia, North Africa, indeed the rest of the world have their own religions/philopsophies.

Modern population growth is a result of increased urbanisation, modern farming techniques and the industrial revolutian breaking the Malthusian theory of population growth.

The industrial revolution began in England.

Therefore, it's all Englands fault

Probably not, contraception, as we know it, is quite a modern phenonema.

Christianinty did not become the official religion of the Roman Empire until the 4th Century Ad, so the Catholic Church is around 1600 years old.
Considering the church schismed between Eastern Orthodox and the further in the reformation the Catholic church's influence wasn't total.
Of course Asia, North Africa, indeed the rest of the world have their own religions/philopsophies.

Modern population growth is a result of increased urbanisation, modern farming techniques and the industrial revolutian breaking the Malthusian theory of population growth.

The industrial revolution began in England.

Therefore, it's all Englands fault
The industrial revolution started in Britain not England.

Well it started in the midlands and north of England, (which is a part of Britain) but still England.
I think my theory still holds.

It's the basis forthe 1st chapter of my new book, "England, why they are to blame for everything."

Well it started in the midlands and north of England, (which is a part of Britain) but still England.
I think my theory still holds.

It's the basis forthe 1st chapter of my new book, "England, why they are to blame for everything."
James Watt was Scottish, Welsh Iron and Coal, it started simultaneously over Britain.

There wasn't much industrial revolution in Ireland, apart from Belfast.

Anyway I just sent a note to my publishers to change the title

"Britain, why they are to blame for every thing, apart form the Irish, Welsh & Scots'

There wasn't much industrial revolution in Ireland, apart from Belfast.

Anyway I just sent a note to my publishers to change the title

"Britain, why they are to blame for every thing, apart form the Irish, Welsh & Scots'
And the Northwest, Northeast, the Midlands and the West Country it's only those from the Southeast. 😂
And the Irish for digging all those canals.

And the Irish for digging all those canals.
The vast majority of 'Irish' digging canal were actually underemployed red-heads from mainly Devon and Cornwall.

They were encouraged to get hammered, cause fights and speak in exaggerated Oirish accents.

This was a policy en-acted by Pitt the Younger to undermine support for the repeal of the 'Randomly punching a paddy in the face act of 1607.'

This is covered in Chapter II of my yet unpublished book

I certainly never take any notice of fads, trends, nor hyped-up health scares. Nobody can predict the future for anyone except to say that without any doubt you'll be a long time dead. Therefore I still eat, drink and smoke what I enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the men I bet they were Irish, anyway my Welsh grandfather's family were Irish and came to North Wales to build the canal. QED.
A fool proof way to know for sure was to offer them a Cornish Pasty, or get them to sing two verses of the 'Rocky Road to Dublin'
Only way to differentiate from the Cornish impostors

But the Cornish are not English they're Celts, so I'm sure the could sing "Whiskey in the Jar" or "BlackVelvet Band".

Reactions: HSD
Rarely eat chicken - make my own bacon - smoke my own salmon - brew my own beer - make my own bread - bliss

Latest posts

Back