Broadband speeds.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I posted this earlier in the landline thread and thought it would be interesting to see what speeds members are getting from who and on what package so please use the speed test below and post your results including your ISP, package, predicted minimum speed and monthly cost.
(You do not need to add a postcode)

UK Broadband Speed Test | thinkbroadband

ISP - TalkTalk
Package - Fibre 65
Predicted minimum speed - 55 Mbps
£24 per month

1619267793009.png

Chopps this isnt a dig at you just a general observation.

I have never understood the need for speed i went for a FTTC package because we stream HD T.V my lad spends his life on YouTube and SWMBO is never off the tablet 65 Mbps is perfect for us
even if we needed Ultra HD (we don't have anything that uses it) we would still have a lot spare as it only needs 25 Mbps, i get some people need higher speeds but the average person doesn't need 200 Mbps so i often wonder why they crave these speeds.
I have been a member of Thinkbroadband for several years and you often see these speed merchants posting there.

Last edited:
Plus wouldn't it be better to see what package everyone is paying and for what stated speed. Everyone is going to have a different speed due yo location and equipment.

Plus wouldn't it be better to see what package everyone is paying and for what stated speed

I asked for the package and price in the OP i have added predicted minimum speed as i think ISP's stopped predicting maximum a while ago.

Are you going to add yours to the thread?

1619424459171883955.png

Vodafone Broadband, Superfast 1 Plan, predicted minimum 17Mbps (from BT website).

The contract price from Vodafone was £22 a month on an 18 month contract but as part of a deal I got a £120 Amazon voucher and then as they couldn't reach their guaranteed speed for that package (as my house is too far from the cabinet) so I got a 15% reduction to £18.70. So with that and the Amazon voucher makes it just over £12 a month.

Latest posts

Back