broken bottle capper and priming sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake122

Reaction score
New to the forum and looking for some advice. I'm making Young's American IPA and I racked to my bottling bucket yesterday and added the priming sugar to the bottling bucket.

Got about 20 bottles filled and my bottle capper broke. I now have about 8 or 9 litres left in the bottling bucket still to be bottled. A new capper has been ordered so waiting on this arriving later today or tomorrow.

Will it be ok to bottle the rest of the beer as is once the capper arrives or will I need to add more priming sugar to the bottling bucket as it was initially added yesterday.

Any advice would be welcome.

It's tricky to say. What temperature have you had the bottling bucket at since adding sugar? If you kept it really cool like below 12 degrees I'd say leave as is. If kept at 20 degrees or more, maybe add 15-20% more sugar? That's just me guessing that in 2 days you'll lose a fair bit of co2 making potential if there was plenty yeast still in suspension.

It's been kept around 20 degrees so will try adding some more sugar as suggested. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back