Broken Grainfather power cable

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Afternoon

Clot that I am I have stood on the end of the connector that plugs the heating element into the control box. Half the plastic that shields the 3 male pins has cracked off if that makes sense.

Both ends of said cable are moulded - one to the base and the other to the now broken male end making replacing this likely to be difficult.

The pins aren't damaged, just the plastic surround. I'm guessing I need to put a picture up but in the meantime I'm guessing I am not the first person to do this. Any suggestions ?

Cheers

I would of thought that you will have to cut the damaged one off ,and then expose the length of tails you need and wire it to your new plug ,should only take ten minutes or so :)

I use these a fair bit for work equipment. Like Starseeker says, it’s a quick job to cut back and wire in.
Thanks chaps

There is very little spare cable ie the plug only just reaches the female bit in the control unit- guess its a case of being as sparing as possible.

I think he broke this connector.

1620561870712.png

Its lucky the wire is on the outside it should be quite simple to put another connector on as you said in post #8.

Latest posts

Back