BROWIN packet 4 seasons with Cranberry , Rosehip

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotman

Reaction score
I ve had a go at two batches of Browins winemaking from a packet. They do three types and all you need in addition is sugar and water.
The packet makes up to 10 ltr. Cost of a packet was £5.00. They are now on eBay for twice that, maybe leaving EU has done that !
I started at the beginning of this year and was my first attempt at winemaking for many years so I forgot about checking the mix with my hydrometer. The packets says it will make wine up to 17%, I think that’s highly unlikely
The first batch is sweet, tastes a bit like cough mixture. It will do to add to punch in the summer. Second batch with Rosehip is looking and tasting better. I didn’t record the initial sg but it’s now down to 1.022 , a bit sweet but nice.
Has anyone else had a go with these kits ?
I’ve now moved onto supermarket juice wines because of joining this community and recording and documenting everything

Attachments

• 988F7906-F1AC-4863-9C21-C441CD33BB8C.jpeg
    988F7906-F1AC-4863-9C21-C441CD33BB8C.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 2E191F90-C210-4F0A-8355-E447E80CC3F4.jpeg
    2E191F90-C210-4F0A-8355-E447E80CC3F4.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 45
Has anyone else had a go with these kits ?

I have searched the forum and cannot find any posts about these kits

I’ve now moved onto supermarket juice wines because of joining this community and recording and documenting everything

I have made many gallons of supermarket juice wine and have enjoyed every version i have made (the original orange wine i didn't make again)

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/supermarket-juice-wine-how-to-guide-and-recipes.49462/

Cough mixture taste is due to a lack of acid.
Add a bit of acid,Especially if you live in a hard water area.

As for your current results there is no cure for "medicinal taste"
Sorry if that's not you wanted to hear.

I should add that any correction needs to be made at the start of fermentation NOT later,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back