Brussels sprout wine experiment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin

Reaction score
2pounds chopped sprouts. half pound slightly past there best mixed green and red grapes.
1 cup black tea.
3 litres boiled water.
2 tsp pectolase.
1 campden tablet.
tomorrow i will add 2pound sugar, yeast nutrient and champagne yeast.
Fingers crossed, only time will tell.
27046729_10215464237937942_180953416_o.jpg
26996739_10215464239457980_2087191016_n.jpg
27045009_10215464239697986_553957409_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me to it but the 'quote' system seems to have changed and certainly not for the better.
Hi!
I like the new "quote" procedure.
Highlight the text you want to quote and you'll get a drop-down menu with two items "+ Quote" and "Reply".
Choose the latter and a new reply box opens with the quotation in it, ready for your reply.

I made a brussel sprout curry once, must have been in late 1970s, when I was skint and hungry. Had a day to wait for dole money and had some sprouts, onions, tinned toms and curry powder. The thought of sprout wine brings it all up again!

You beat me to it but the 'quote' system seems to have changed and certainly not for the better.

Just click reply in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote.

If you find something does not work or you cannot find a way to do something why not ask in the support forum so others get the benefit.

Highlight the text you want to quote and you'll get a drop-down menu with two items "+ Quote" and "Reply".
Choose the latter and a new reply box opens with the quotation in it, ready for your reply.

I find this method great if you want to quote part of a long quote but on mobiles/tablets clicking reply as above is easier if you are quoting the full post.

:thumb:

Back on topic -

A member once made tomato wine everyone said he was mad but it turned out quite nice (in his words) so the sprout wine may not be as bad as we expect it to be.

Just click reply in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote.

If you find something does not work or you cannot find a way to do something why not ask in the support forum so others get the benefit.
I find this method great if you want to quote part of a long quote but on mobiles/tablets clicking reply as above is easier if you are quoting the full post.

:thumb:
Thanks Chippy. It was trying to use 'quote' on ipad that caused the 'problem'. Understand now. As you probs know, selecting certain text not that easy on tablet.

I ferment them on christmas day in my gut and they always provide a lot of CO2.:fart::laugh2:

Have now added nutrient, yeast and sugar.
Hope the end result tastes better than it smells at the moment.

I made a brussel sprout curry once, must have been in late 1970s, when I was skint and hungry. Had a day to wait for dole money and had some sprouts, onions, tinned toms and curry powder. The thought of sprout wine brings it all up again!
There is a vegetarian curry place in Brighton which does eat all you can eat for a fiver. I haven't been for a while but I remember brussel sprout curry was on the menu at the time , and surprisingly it wasn't bad at all...believe it or not :laugh:

Latest posts

Back