Bubbles going downwards!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morethanworts

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what's happened with my current brew. It's been in the FV for 36 hours and, after quite a lag, all I've got is bubbles going downwards in the wort.

I'm worried that I may have put the yeast in upside down. Here is what it looked like before I rehydrated it. I'm pretty sure the water was the right way up.

20140331_235647.jpg

Any ideas?

Yep, you definitely opened the yeast from the wrong end. Happened to a friend of mine once. It'll be fine, just drink from the wrong side of the glass or while standing on your head.

I've never used 40 - S Elafas yeast before but from what I've rread it can be of benefit to the beer if pitched at the correct temperature upside down. Just make sure you store the bottles upside down when conditioning :thumb:

Idiot, only the Aussies and Kiwis are supposed to open that end of the packet.

:hmm:

Good queston, however to relieve confusion coopers put the labels on upside down so if you open from the top(bottom) then you will be fine, however they do sometimes make a mistake or stock due to be sold in Australia ends up here.

Latest posts

Back