Bubbles still rising

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18576

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been enjoying many successes since re-starting brewing with kits last year. However I have a query.
I am in the process of making a 'Festival Pride of London Porter'. (I intend to make a plum porter).
Anyway, the beer has been brewing for 23 days but for the last 6 days the hydrometer as stopped at a
reasonable 1009 but I can still spot bubbles rising, not a lot but just here and there. The current heatwave
means the brew bucket is reading about 23 - 24C. But I would have thought this would have made the brew finish quicker. Only thing is at this I cannot cold crash in the garage at the moment. So why the bubbles if the Hydro. is static after nearly a week. Is it finished & ready for packaging or not?

Thank in advance.

Paul.

Hi all,

I've been enjoying many successes since re-starting brewing with kits last year. However I have a query.
I am in the process of making a 'Festival Pride of London Porter'. (I intend to make a plum porter).
Anyway, the beer has been brewing for 23 days but for the last 6 days the hydrometer as stopped at a
reasonable 1009 but I can still spot bubbles rising, not a lot but just here and there. The current heatwave
means the brew bucket is reading about 23 - 24C. But I would have thought this would have made the brew finish quicker. Only thing is at this I cannot cold crash in the garage at the moment. So why the bubbles if the Hydro. is static after nearly a week. Is it finished & ready for packaging or not?

Thank in advance.

Paul.

Yes, should be fine by now, with hydrometer steady for 6 days.

Back