Bubbling almost stopped

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, my brew was bubbling nicely until I changed the airlock (because it kept blowing the water out) now seems to have slowed down to almost a stop. Put the original airlock back in but still no bubbles. It's only been on for 2 and a half days. Seems to be pressure on the lid tho. Any ideas

What are you brewing is it a kit? My last kit stopped after around 2 days but kept pressure in the lid chances are its fine as lids ect leak when pressure reduces it'll still be doing its think if your keeping the temperature good

Thanks
Summer glory golden ale, brewing in a larder fridge at 23 degrees, instructions say add hop pellets after 5 days then bottle after another 5 if readings are stable for 2 days. I thought the rule was 2 weeks before bottling

Kits usually finish quicker it's good practice to leave for 2 weeks then 2 weeks to carb then 2 to 4 or longer to condition my kit was done after 10 days

23°C is a little high, I normally ferment at 18-19°C. Higher temperatures will cause quicker fermentation, but can lead to some additional flavours (esters) being created in the beer. You may find the airlock starts bubbling again once pressure has rebuilt in the FV.

Best practice is to dry hop for last 3-4 days before bottling, longer can cause grassy flavour from the hops.

Back