Budget Grain Mill?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichK

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm about to give a partial mash brew a go. The intention is to take & tweak a one can kit but this time mash a couple of kg of pale malt(?) instead of sugar/dme/lme I'd normally use.

Is there any budget grain mills available that are actually any use. I'm not doing big quantities (couple of kg max) so don't need a big throughput & I'm definitely at the budget end of the spectrum. The only ones that seem to be around are the cheap Chinese (Corona style) knock offs which seem to get mixed reception (it's probably pot luck if you get a good/bad one). Can anybody suggest any alternatives?

tia

If your trying it out...I'd advise buying your grains pre crushed. No extra cost and no big layout if it doesn't pa out.

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll be having a chat at the LHBS tomorrow. Whilst I've noted that they do sell grains, I've not asked about getting it ground. Hopefully, I'll manage a time when they're not busy.

Back from the LHBS with a large bag of crushed Maris Otter :) Roll on next weekend.

Back