Budweiser or similar kit please??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley

Reaction score
Hi I'll looking at kit that is similar to a Budweiser or similar light beer any suggestions?
I know most think it's **** water but nothing quenches your thirst after mowing the lawn than an ice cold bud!
Any suggestions welcomeacheers.

I shall resist the urge (I know lots of you forumites wont be able to) to post something sarcastic and suggest just getting a blonde ale kit and using a portion of white table sugar along with the DME. The table sugar will dry the kit out and make it more lager like ( I'm doing something similar but with AG this eve, to make a pseudo lager) . If you want something as bud like as you can, that is to say quite bland I suggest the coopers blond ale, as from reviews I've read, it's quite a bland kit.

Also, I know you havent asked about it but I would buying a second pack of yeast and pitch both packs. This will supress ester production and give you as clean a ferment as possible with the yeast your going to use (unless you've got a lager fridge and can lager), which is another little trick of pseudo lagering

Although it’s rubbish bland beer, I have never heard a craft brewer have bad words about it.
Something that insipid would be very unforgiving to disguise off flavours.

Been reading a link @MyQul posted and I think they use amalayse to get them so dry. Pilsner malt, nor sure what yeast and any hops in miniscule amounts.

I dont think the makers of bud use Amylse (if that's what your meaning), although that link I posted shows you how to get a bud like (well, miller lite like, which is similar) beer using Amylse. So the OP could feasibly use some Amylse to dry a kit out and try to make it more bud like. I think bud is mashed long and low, which isnt an option for the OP

I would definitely endorse the suggestion of a Coopers Canadian Blonde, plus 500g DME and one kilogram of table sugar to 25L.

That is lawnmower beer from a kit. The original green topped Lager kit from Coopers works very well too. I did a few as my way back into HB almost 5 years ago. Very good chilled.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
must of done 15+ kits so far but only done 1 Cooper's kit (hefe wheat) turned out ok but was my very first kit!
I've a Wilko wheat on at the minute then I have a Wilko cerveza to do next with 500g light spray malt 500g brewing sugar & 200g maltodextrin
Maybe it'll be a good summer beer
Thanks again folks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely endorse the suggestion of a Coopers Canadian Blonde, plus 500g DME and one kilogram of table sugar to 25L.

That is lawnmower beer from a kit. The original green topped Lager kit from Coopers works very well too. I did a few as my way back into HB almost 5 years ago. Very good chilled.

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_225528610.jpg
    IMG_20190104_225528610.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 90

Took your advice slid Cooper's blonde 1kg brew sugar 500g extra light spraymalt kit yeast 25litres, clean clear beer with no loose sediment
Not too shabby for a lawnmower beer
IMG_20190104_225528610.jpg

Latest posts

Back