budweiser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty198111

Reaction score
just wandered if anyone has used budweiser bottles

i just got about 150 from a pub, and wandered if they were any good

cheers

mat

A fiend of mine uses them.

I think they are a bit small- bottling is hard enough work anyway...

I sometimes use smaller bottles as testers/gifts but not for home use!!

gotta agree they are abit small

but there free and i will make do until i can get a collection of kopperberg bottles or some thing that size

cheers

I've used the Bud mini bottles for my Imperial stout . . . . I tested them at up to 3.5Vols of CO2 and the tester bottle still hasn't exploded. . . That may be a lucky bottle but my other bottles are also fine. . . . but I have set a deliberately lower carbonation level for the RIS

similarly I'm working my way through 40 500ml bottles of the real (Czech) version. I take it these will be fine to reuse?

If the bottle is brown and takes a crown cap it will be fine, green ones are dodgy as your beer may well skunk in storage, (skunk= "develop off flavours due to the hop compounds reacting to Light") Brown bottles filter the light out.

Oh and Budweiser bottles are always better when they are given to you empty rather than full, although the czech versions not bad.

UP

I've got 50 330ml Budweiser bottles (American version) and I'm going to use them to carbonate to 3 vols/8.6 g sugar per 1litre (with a Chimay White in mind in the next couple of months) - I've concluded that there is less chance of smaller size standard bottles deteriorating (baring in mind a minimal quality - thinner bottles being a no no :nono: ).

Brown bottles filter the light out

Amen! If you are using lager bottles for ale you should be fine since lager has a higher carbinate rate than ale. If your carbinating lager you should be fine too. I have used Magerns bottles for my beers and they are dangerously thin, yet hold a high carbination alcohol fruit drink (aka fake cider). I have to say I have never had an exploded bottle and hope I never do.

I have got about 300 300ml bud bottles because swmbo drinks it :sick: (whats worse i buy it her). They are fine but i am building up my collection of 500ml bottles, so in future i will use them for barley wines and my stong ales and those I give away. I suppose I should refil them for her but I think it would be an insult to craft brewing :nono: :nono: to deliberately produce such a **** beer, mind you if I did I could go the whole hog and make John Smiths for the Father in Law :sick: :sick: .

:cheers:

AG

magners bottles are easy to find, idiots drink it by the truck load in loads of pubs. they are a pint as well slightly more than 500ml 568 i think. they just dont have a shoulder.

Back