Buffalo boiler elements replacement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissyr63

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I think the element in my buffalo boiler is at it's end - doing a beer at the weekend just wouldn't heat the wort. Few years old and given good service.
A quick look and it might be replaceable but cost seem to be about £50 (nisbets) - better to just get something new (an excuse for a all in one ).
Or does anyone know of a cheap parts place ?

If the element is heating at all its unlikely to be faulty more likely the thermostat !

didn't have time to do any testing - too busy dragging out my old lidl boiler to finish the brew ( it actually worked really well although a bit full!

Might also have jumped to the element failure as that has just happened to our oven.

Will have to open it all up and do some investigating.

didn't have time to do any testing - too busy dragging out my old lidl boiler to finish the brew ( it actually worked really well although a bit full!

Might also have jumped to the element failure as that has just happened to our oven.

Will have to open it all up and do some investigating.
Check out Southern Counties Electrics. Bournemouth. He (Tony, I think his name was) sorted me out with a new and original element for an obsolete Burco Boiler for £25 plus postage. He'll probably tell you what's wrong with it too. Proper old-school lad. 01202 302229

Last edited:
So managed to have a look inside and there was some damage on one of the elements. Seems to have a dual element and assume one has failed hence still heats up but not enough for a boil (had it on with 33 lt full to see how it went - 3 hours and only up to 80c).
So might replace the element - is it just a case of unbolt the original and bolt in the new or does it need to sealing in some way?

Back