Building a Shed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, me and the wifeys been talking today, and we have come to the conclusion that i should put in a seperate room in the shed, using the boards that i can have for free, this will be a room, that is going to be easier to heat, and also to keep cool in summer, as at present, the air-con just aint gonna cool the shed in its present size.
The room, once done, will be a music room for my vinyl collection as well as a retro gaming room, theres even the possibility to putting in a small studio to do shows on ram radio......pictures to start in next few weeks!!!

falafael said:
Well it took some time to get done, but today, i have finally put up the foot rest, and yes, it cost me the princely sum of FREE!!!

love it glenn still at it then... :thumb: .

Yes Mick, good to see you on here mate, but yes, am still chipping away at it, this year should see a lot of changes in there, but i still do go in most weekends as well!!!

Thanks

falafael said:
Yes Mick, good to see you on here mate, but yes, am still chipping away at it, this year should see a lot of changes in there, but i still do go in most weekends as well!!!

Thanks

exellent glenn...
glad you use it, after all its so cool...
ill keep poping in from time to time to see the changes ... :) .
its looking fantastic ... :thumb: .

Thanks Eski!

OK, the separate room idea is out the window...again.....but for now, i have decided to do one side of a porch that i am building, that will also have a second door, one side i have done this morning, and as the wood used is damp, will not be coated with oil till spring when it's dried out!!!
Second side to be done at a later date.

Considering how much this cost to build, and the fact it's pretty well insulated so stays warm / cool with little owner input I wonder how long it will last?

Could be a solution to the lack of housing in the UK, definitely a solution to expensive housing :D

Looking good Glenn, glad to see your still busy. Will have to pop over sometime now I'm up and moving again.

Thanks for the comment, yes, once i introduce a form of heating , it does stay warm and does not leak the heat at all, even when its very windy outside, and belting it down with rain, i can't really tell it is when i am sat inside...a few people have mentioned that.

dandb, not a problem, just give a shout, and dennis, not planning on turning it into a ark, no need mate, i am on a hill, so water just goes down the street!! lol

Somebody mentioned to me about, putting either chicken wire, or that green plastic meshing, and on that, introduce a climber of some sort, as in ivy, or mile a minute plant, as that would also act as a insulator as well as another form of noise dampener?

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

personally i wouldnt bother with the ivy. my neighbours spent thousands a few years back as it really got into the brickwork and did a fair whack of damage.

mattyhall22 said:
Perhaps an archway to grow hops over as part of the porch? :thumb:

:cheers:

LOL, i;'d just finished the porch, got the metal security gate on as well, came in the house for a sandwich, looked out the window at it...and realized my mistake....lol....i had put the security gate to high, a good 2 foot gap at the bottom!! DOH!

Back outside in a minute to drop the gate and fill in the top with planks!!

And i thought i was doing good!!!
lol

Been a while, few changes to the shed, most of all, in a few months am having a new roof covering, either bitumen sheeting, or metal corrugated, undecided at moment.
For now, i have took out the snug area!

Back