• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bulk malt North East england

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez82

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls
Been lurking around here for a while taking in alot of great advice, got a few kit brews under my belt now and a few sugar washes and just finished my first turbo cider. Now looking to step it up to Ag brews I've got all the kit I need for a biab.
I'm looking for somewhere to buy crushed malt at a reasonable price around the North East England, I'm from Durham/ Newcastle area but can travel if its worth it. Probably looking to buy 1 or 2 25kg bags of base malt and a few smaller bags of other malt. Anyone know of any good places near me to get them?

Hi guys and girls
Been lurking around here for a while taking in alot of great advice, got a few kit brews under my belt now and a few sugar washes and just finished my first turbo cider. Now looking to step it up to Ag brews I've got all the kit I need for a biab.
I'm looking for somewhere to buy crushed malt at a reasonable price around the North East England, I'm from Durham/ Newcastle area but can travel if its worth it. Probably looking to buy 1 or 2 25kg bags of base malt and a few smaller bags of other malt. Anyone know of any good places near me to get them?
Set a collaborative buying consortium yourself as we have in the North West

We can let you have the contacts at Muntons and Crisp if you like

Would be good if there is enough interest

I thought about getting some with yourself but I would be a bit far to travel.

I'll get in touch if there is enough interest for the contacts. What would the min order be from them?

Locate a small local brewery or micro and ask them if you can buy any off them, that's what I do and so long as you buy by the sack they will normally be happy to help a fellow brewer out.

Would be good if there is enough interest

I thought about getting some with yourself but I would be a bit far to travel.

I'll get in touch if there is enough interest for the contacts. What would the min order be from them?
The magic number is 40 X 25kg sacks - the number that will fit on a pallet

They will supply less but there is an additional charge

Obviously you then need some where to keep it for a couple of days whilst people collect

Back