Bulldog brewer error

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpsie

Reaction score
Hello,

I was going to brew today using my Bulldog brewer, I think its version 3, but maybe the attached images can show.

But when connecting it to power socket, the display is blank but I do hear a single short beep.
After a bit of work I managed to take the bottom apart so that I could look for loose connections, however I did not find any.
After a bit of troubleshooting I did find something weird, when disconnecting the thermal probe the display do light up, and it show either L1 or E1 which from this forum I can see is "thermalprobe not connected", so I disconnect power again. and reconnect the probe, plugging in power it just beeps and display remain blank and with a single short beep sound.

URL to the images are here Imgur - Bulldog brewer

Do you know what could be at fault here and how it could be fixed ?
I really enjoy the machine and it is only 4 years old, so would like to keep using it.

I´ve e-mailed hambletonbard and awaiting a reply from them.

Just want to give an update on this one, in case other people get the same issue.

The support on hambletonbard forwarded my case to their techs, and they got back to me saying i needed a new lcd display + print, and the print all connects to.
I think it was 58EUR for these two parts and shipping.

They arrived today and I swapped the internals with these and now the brewer works again.
The Print and LCD is clearly of a new version as the components are different and sit differently, so could be its a newer version.

Latest posts

Back