Bulldog Brews Hercule Saison

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Richie_asg1

Reaction score
Just bought a kit from Brew2Bottle to make up the free shipping.
Makes 23L
Cost £13.95

"Hercule Saison: A Belgian Style Saison. A golden beer with spicy notes and a peppery Great British finishing hop. 4.7% ABV" Think the hops are Target.

Not tried this style and was having real problems even finding a commercial one to drink. I was going to get a 6 bottles delivered, but this kit turned out cheaper than that, and will have fun brewing it anyway.

Planning on it being good for Summer, and I suppose is traditional to brew it in Winter for that. I usually drink those 250ml bottles of 'bière blonde' so I may try bottling from a PB to have a clear bottle.

If anyone else has brewed this please leave a review as I couldn't find one.

Richie_asg1

Reaction score
And here we are at the start of the British summer and as usual is pissing it down.

This has turned into a cracking summer pint!
Very clear, good head, a bit more complex than most lagers, and a little darker, the yeast has formed a solid cake so it stays put. I don't see it lasting long. athumb..
I brewed it without all the sugar as I wanted it as an afternoon pint when I still had stuff to do.
Perfect carbonation this time as I calculated for 2.2vols.CO2, and under 4% ABV.

It seems great at 3 1/2 months from start date so a good one to get on in Jan- March.