Bulldog, Evil Dog Double IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help and advice should I leave about a ltr or two in my FV bucket.?.?.?. I was gonna use it to water my plants lol
Dispose of it all and give your FV a good clean now before anything starts growing in it. I dont know if plants will like it but no harm in trying haha

I once started my next kit on the stove by adding to the malt extract to warm water to dissolve it then whilst that cooled down I bottled my existing batch. Once I had finished bottling I just added my cooled down extract and additional water to the yeast & trub in the FV and then fermented it using that. It came out fine. Not sure why I did it as I had plenty of yeast but maybe I was just seeing if it would work.

I've just finish bottling it up I've got about 40 bottles it fizzed as soon as I added the sugar it tastes amazing I'm covered in beer now tho I smell like a brewery lol
20200401_140334.jpg
20200401_143043.jpg
20200401_143025.jpg
20200401_142719.jpg

I once started my next kit on the stove by adding to the malt extract to warm water to dissolve it then whilst that cooled down I bottled my existing batch. Once I had finished bottling I just added my cooled down extract and additional water to the yeast & trub in the FV and then fermented it using that. It came out fine. Not sure why I did it as I had plenty of yeast but maybe I was just seeing if it would work.
I once lost a pack of yeast from a kit in a house move, found that I had a tin of extract and no yeast. I had heard of ppl starting a wine on the lees of the last one so did just that, and it was fine.

I m actually just about to bottle a Bulldog Evil Cat tonight and was thinking I'd do the same, chuck an MYO kit in with an extra half kilo of LME and see how it compares with a regular MYO.

You will have to let me know how it works out. Keep me updated with pix and updates... I've just bottled my evil dog and started my PREMIUM I.P.A that came with my equipment....
IMG_20200401_210633_1.png

What does LME & MYO mean??
I know
SG = start gravity...
FG = finished gravity...
FV = fermenting Vessel...
And that's about it lol ...

Lol I cant wait to start figuring out all the ins and outs of home brewing... it's the 1st hobby I've started that I actually really enjoy lol plus u always get a nice drink out of doing it right lol

I'm in the same boat as you , new hobby and enjoying it. I'm on my 6th brew, also Evil Dog which went into the bucket on Wednesday.

Keep me posted how it comes out and what you think of it as you are a few weeks ahead of me.

Mark

I'm in the same boat as you , new hobby and enjoying it. I'm on my 6th brew, also Evil Dog which went into the bucket on Wednesday.

Keep me posted how it comes out and what you think of it as you are a few weeks ahead of me.

Mark
It's great to know I have some one in the same boat as me we can help each other and let the other one know when to do something or wen not too lol come join my forum page at...
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/posts/885028/

Just warm , I stick mine on a shelf above a heater .

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_151212359.jpg
    IMG_20200315_151212359.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 170
I've got mine in the boxes in front of my heater, just wanted to make sure I was doing it rite... I rap the boxes in towels aswell lol thanks guys....
15860361827548431024895057456028.jpg

The instructions say they only need a week b4 I cool them down and drink them, so thanks for the help or I'd of been drinking flat beer (thinking I had messed them up) is there a way of telling when they are done with out opening one.?.?.?.
15860363697348606321461391823255.jpg

If you look at my picture you will see a 500ml clear Fanta bottle, if you fill one with beer at bottling time it will let you see if the beer is clear and you can give it a squeeze to see if it is carbonated.

Mark

I have started my brew as a first timer, I was thinking of racking off into a new FV once it has stopped fermenting, but if I do that should I add the hops before or after racking off? Should I add hops 2 days before bottling? Also if airlock activity has ceased and I move to a new FV will it be an issue with air being in contact with the beer?

I have started my brew as a first timer, I was thinking of racking off into a new FV once it has stopped fermenting, but if I do that should I add the hops before or after racking off? Should I add hops 2 days before bottling? Also if airlock activity has ceased and I move to a new FV will it be an issue with air being in contact with the beer?
I would add the hops to your original FV let it sit for 2-3 days then transfer to a secondary to let more sediment fall out.

You will increase risk of infection by transferring but risk can be reduced by careful transfer. Tilt the new fv and fill on an angle with the syphon hose as close to the bottom as possible. Once theres a couple of cm of beer in there (enough to cover the hose) keep the end submerged as you syphon. some say just run it down the side but i beleive keeping the syphon under reduces oxygenation

Latest posts

Back