Bulldog, Evil Dog Double IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just under 2 weeks
If you are happy with the carbonation then 2 weeks is about right, your next post mentions taste, the beer does tend to improve with age. Its good to build up a stock, im currently drinking a few of a batch that is about 6 months old. I always leave a few to age over say 4 months. Easier said than done tho lol.

If you are happy with the carbonation then 2 weeks is about right, your next post mentions taste, the beer does tend to improve with age. Its good to build up a stock, im currently drinking a few of a batch that is about 6 months old. I always leave a few to age over say 4 months. Easier said than done tho lol.
Yeah you’re telling me haha, I’m keen to sample as I go to learn about the flavours more. I’ve got a Young’s aipa in the fv now to get stock up. I’ll try and leave it every 2 weeks for a sample. I’ll put them outside on Friday and see how it goes.

Thanks!

A little update: this brew has now been conditioned for 2 weeks warm 2 weeks cold. Heavy sediment in the bottles and quite cloudy but none the less tasty. It has a certain taste to it I can’t put my finger on. Its carbed well and doesn’t gush so I don’t think anything wrong with it, just a little off but then again I’ve never had an ipa of this strength so it could be that. All in all I’m happy with my first brew and hopefully the next one goes well and maybe better.

Yeah, i know what you mean about the taste. It does mellow out. Mine had heavy sediment and was quite cloudy too. Can never seem to get mine totally clear. Sounds like you did fine!

Yeah, i know what you mean about the taste. It does mellow out. Mine had heavy sediment and was quite cloudy too. Can never seem to get mine totally clear. Sounds like you did fine!
How long did you give it to mellow? It’s perfectly drinkable so I hope they get that far along haha

Latest posts

Back