Bulldog Master Brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelper

Old Salt
Reaction score
I like the external pump and controller but what's all this faff setting the boil? Quoting the instructions.......

"You want a constant rolling boil and to achieve this you should follow boil step instructions on page 4 where you set the boil step as over boiling point at 103ºC. The boiler will always be going to the boil and always on. If you had set it at 100ºC the thermostat on the system would activate and turn the heating coils off constantly interrupting the boil. When you see the boil has started and you are through the hot break (protein build up which causes frothy bubbles on the top of the wort at boiling point) you can then press + and - together and calibrate the system up to 103ºC to start your step timer. As soon as the timer has started press + and - again and calibrate down to 100ºC again"

Seems pretty straightforward to me. You can set the temperature of the heating element by pressing two buttons and then using + or - to pick. When boiling common sense might suggest using 100C as the setting, under real use it'll keep switching on or off just about at the point of coming to the boil so pick 103C so it stays on and keeps a good strong rolling boil?

Seems pretty straightforward to me. You can set the temperature of the heating element by pressing two buttons and then using + or - to pick. When boiling common sense might suggest using 100C as the setting, under real use it'll keep switching on or off just about at the point of coming to the boil so pick 103C so it stays on and keeps a good strong rolling boil?
Yes, but the timer never starts because it never reaches 103. So you have to calibrate the temp probe once to read 103 when its boiling and then back to accurate so the heater stays on. See the video

Get a 60l stainless steel stockpot and a propane gas ring and use all the other kit for heating up sparge water, would be my advice. You know where you stand with a gas ring.

No thanks. I want an all-in-two system. And it must be electric. But each to his own!

Latest posts

Back