Bullseye

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieBeer

Reaction score
I was watching an old episode of Bullseye on Challenge TV earier. Reckon it was broadcast in about 1986. One of the prizes on "Bully's Prize Board" was Home Brewing equipment. I can see an Ironmaster kit. Anyone recognise any of the other gear from 30+ years ago?

20191015_185439[1].jpg

No don't recognise any of it, I got married in 85 and was homebrewing a few years before that, I think I bought the Boots kits, not sure.

I was watching an old episode of Bullseye on Challenge TV earier. Reckon it was broadcast in about 1986. One of the prizes on "Bully's Prize Board" was Home Brewing equipment. I can see an Ironmaster kit. Anyone recognise any of the other gear from 30+ years ago?

View attachment 21101

Got to love the 80's. I wonder how many contestants from the show went home and brewed beer in their speed boat :)

Those tins with the white lids look familiar, and probably still in my dad's garage, full of odds and ends.

Whole crystal malt but no mill, a gas cylinder for a pressure barrel with no adapter, sack of malt full of hops (it's surprising how many people think beer is brewed from hops alone) it's no wonder home brewing in the 1980s left many disappointed.
Those brown bags of stuff in the top left hand corner ring a bell, can't quite place them though.
Like Banbeer, I also used Boots stuff, it was great, I still have their pressure barrels (I understand they made aluminium barrels, but could never afford one) and their malt extract came in full, 4 lb tins.

Latest posts

Back