Bungs for mini kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatline9

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy some 3 piece bungs designed for using party taps on 5L mini kegs? The red and black ones.

Such as these: http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/easy-keg-vent-bung-788-p.asp

I don't want to have to pay £6.50 for a 50p bung... My local brew store only has the grey ones, which apparently you have to take out to put in the keg tap, so the beer would lose all the pressure and go flat.
Many thanks

Thanks, they offer a slightly cheaper p&p option so I'll go with them if no one else chips in with a better idea. :cheers:

Thanks, they offer a slightly cheaper p&p option so I'll go with them if no one else chips in with a better idea. :cheers:

Have you tried calling Leyland HomeBrew ? just a thought but maybe they will post them 1st class for less than the online courier carriage cost in a Jiffy bag if you ask nicely over the phone.

The only other way round it is to add other stuff to the order to spread the delivery cost, do you need any other equipment/minikegs/hops/grain/yeast/cleaning brushes etc ?

can direct supply them too but pnp is a killer from germany...

when using the 2 piece grey n translucent bungs with a party tap you just push the central element of the bung through with the tap dip tube.. using the in keg tap just push in and cover the top opening with a bit of foil or cotton wool. the only difference being the 2 piece grey bungs unlike the 3 piece red/black versions need a biy of force to push the central bung element through and then dont have a inner guard to stop crud falling in onto the beer,

if you have drained the mini keg of pressure by pouring through the intergrated tap the pushing in the centarl bung bit of a grey bung should be easy..

How many do you need? I have a few spare that I could sacrifice? By the time I actually need them I'll have a big enough order to get free delivery from brewuk anyway I'd imagine.

Latest posts

Back