Bure Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel Ford

Reaction score
Hi there, is it normal for woodfordes Bure Golg to stop fermenting after 2 to 3 days, gravity reading is 1.016. I've used the 2 sachets of yeast that came with the kit?? What to do please. Temperature is at a constant 21oc

Hi there, is it normal for woodfordes Bure Golg to stop fermenting after 2 to 3 days, gravity reading is 1.016. I've used the 2 sachets of yeast that came with the kit?? What to do please. Temperature is at a constant 21oc

1016, tiny bit on the high side, but since there are "lightly-roasted malts to form a classic aromatic, golden ale" it should not dry out either. Give it a careful swirl with a sanitised spoon, to poke the yeast into action? And wait for another week before bottling won't do it any harm. Good luck!

1016, tiny bit on the high side, but since there are "lightly-roasted malts to form a classic aromatic, golden ale" it should not dry out either. Give it a careful swirl with a sanitised spoon, to poke the yeast into action? And wait for another week before bottling won't do it any harm. Good luck!
Thanks

I assume that by saying it has stopped fermenting that you mean that the airlock is no longer bubbling? This does not necessarily mean that fermentation has stopped but more likely it has slowed right down. Often the fermentation is very fast for the first few days and then the last part is slower. You certainly should leave the wort in the fermentation vessel for longer than a few days, 2 weeks is an often quoted rule of thumb. Patience is a key skill in home brewing athumb..

It's off again thanks
I assume that by saying it has stopped fermenting that you mean that the airlock is no longer bubbling? This does not necessarily mean that fermentation has stopped but more likely it has slowed right down. Often the fermentation is very fast for the first few days and then the last part is slower. You certainly should leave the wort in the fermentation vessel for longer than a few days, 2 weeks is an often quoted rule of thumb. Patience is a key skill in home brewing athumb..
I've just given it a gentle stir with a sanitised spoon and it's off again yeah

Hi, the first very vigorous ferment may be over, but fermentation is not and it will not be over for some time yet. As chrisb8 says, just leave it for a total of 2 weeks or so and all will be well.

Once again I bore the audience with the picture from the link:

http://howtobrew.com/book/section-1/fermentation/re-defining-fermentation

f51.gif

You can learn a lot from the free resource referenced above.

Just done Bure Gold, brewed slightly short for a 19L corny

2-2-2 rule and carbed with Co2

It has an almost lactose flavour, anyone experienced this? Carbonation is perfect and apart from a slight chill haze is clear.

Brewed with Pure Brew as I do with all my kits and minimal oxygen contact.

May just need another week or so of conditioning

Just in the dry hop stages of one of these. After 2 weeks in the brew fridge it went from 1.030 to 1.006 so finished slightly on the dry side. A quick taste from the trial jar before adding the hops and it was quite malty but not in a bad way. I have made this before but can't really remember what is was like though seemed to remember I enjoyed it.

Back