Busy times from home brew shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, Parcel Force contacted me to ask what was in my parcels so they could locate it in the depot. I responded with "what the hell has the contents got to do with you being unable to find it?" and made clear the irrelevance of that. They still stuck to protocol so I told them and that's the last I heard from them. Now weeks down the line.
I also reordered from Worcester Hop Shop, and they used UPS, who delivered exactly when they said they would.

What they were saying, asking what you ordered, was if you let them know what it was they could look through the bin of loose stuff that's fallen out of damaged boxes and then see if they could put your order back together.

Hmmm, Parcel Force contacted me to ask what was in my parcels so they could locate it in the depot. I responded with "what the hell has the contents got to do with you being unable to find it?" and made clear the irrelevance of that. They still stuck to protocol so I told them and that's the last I heard from them. Now weeks down the line.
I also reordered from Worcester Hop Shop, and they used UPS, who delivered exactly when they said they would.
After reading this I have contacted Worcester Hop shop and asked them to send mine via UPS, as my order is still showing awaiting shipment, sounds like parcel force is not the best choice at the mo. fingers crossed.

Finally got my act together to place my order in the 3-4pm window at the malt miller. Got myself a sack of pilsner, 7kg of Munich, wyeast 1007 and all the trimmings hallertau caramunich etc
Gonna get some Kolsch/Altbiers on to get me through the summer.
It all arrived 2 days after I placed the order! Never had a problem with the malt miller! they use dpd.

Last edited:
My order with B2B was despatched on 16/4 via Royal Mail still not got it.

Also I've got an Amazon order shipped with Royal Mail also late

My order with B2B was despatched on 16/4 via Royal Mail still not got it.

Also I've got an Amazon order shipped with Royal Mail also late
Hi Cheshire, i try and stay clear of firms who use royal or parcel farce, if i do and its lat i mail them tell them their couria sucks and they get no more of my money, if everyone did this they would soon change

Same issue here in the states. I ordered a Coopers kit from diybeer.com Monday of last week. It's been "in shipping" since last Wednesday.

Ordered another from Austin Home Brew yesterday. They're saying six to nine days for delivery. They've also increased their shipping charges about 20-25 percent. I expect they had to put on more help to keep up.

Haven't read through the thread, so this might have already been raised, but has anyone else been having real difficulty finding anywhere that's not sold out of Amber/Medium DME?

It's arrived top job thbc 6 days
IMG_20200422_150959.jpg

I realised at the weekend that I was out of a number of speciality malts for my coming brews. I had difficulty placing an order anywhere with websites shutting down once sufficient orders were received. Yesterday afternoon I managed to place an order with the Home Brew Shop and lo and behold, it's just been delivered.

:hat:Hats off to the Home Brew Shop and Parcelforce.

What they were saying, asking what you ordered, was if you let them know what it was they could look through the bin of loose stuff that's fallen out of damaged boxes and then see if they could put your order back together.
If that's correct....... That's a shocking way to conduct business. I can see the logic in that, but it would be verging on dishonest in my view.

If that's correct....... That's a shocking way to conduct business. I can see the logic in that, but it would be verging on dishonest in my view.

I actually posted that comment in jest but I expect in some cases it's probably been true. I used to do a LOT of UPS business with stuff shipped between my employer and myself. I had stuff show up in boxes that weren't even from the company. These usually had items missing. They'd deny any damage until we confronted them about the boxes. So, it was pretty clear the original box got trashed somehow and they repackaged.

Do you think any suppliers of grains could supply bread flour? Or just high gluten wheat?....and if we can grind our own ;)
It may be that it is still available bulk, but demand for 1kg small bags has exceeded supply.

Living in the highlands is a nightmare with regard to delivery prices....
I don't think THBC charges a "highland premium" also (although I have not used them) an Edinburgh brew shop also dose not put on any extra premium for highlands.

I don't think THBC charges a "highland premium" also (although I have not used them) an Edinburgh brew shop also dose not put on any extra premium for highlands.
Is that Brewstore? I always found them very expensive for online order stuff, but the twice I’ve been in when I’ve been in Edinburgh I’ve gone a bit crazy (first time I’d gone in for a couple of easy kegs and a new sample jar and ended up buying 600g of reduced to clear hops; second visit wasn’t quite as OTT).

Is that Brewstore? I always found them very expensive for online order stuff, but the twice I’ve been in when I’ve been in Edinburgh I’ve gone a bit crazy (first time I’d gone in for a couple of easy kegs and a new sample jar and ended up buying 600g of reduced to clear hops; second visit was t quite as OTT).
I'm not sure, I came across it while looking for cheap highland delivery. If memory serves correctly I didn't order because it was more expensive than THBC, I don't remember how much more expensive it was just that it was more

Latest posts

Back