Busy times from home brew shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I should give @Brew2bottle Homebrew a little praise after my first order with them.
First they are one of the few to remain open for normal business at this difficult time for homebrew suppliers and their customers
Next they haven't upped their prices as have some (including the supplier I normally deal with) and their prices are very competitive.
For small orders the postage charge is very reasonable, and then becomes free over £50. Even my normal supplier has recently seen fit to scrap the free postage above a certain value which is disappointing.
As far as my order was concerned it took a few days to process and dispatch, which I accepted under the current circumstances. However it was sent through Parcel Force who seem to be overwhelmed and that took longer then it should have. But B2B have recognised that and say they are going to change to another courier.
So from ordering to receipt it took 7 working days which is reasonable.
And when my stuff arrived it was very well packed and contained a small freebie which I shall put to good use.
So all in all a good experience, and a supplier I can recommend especially for kit brewers.

After bottle2brew had answered my question about despatch times / delays etc I placed a order on the 6th of May which I have just received the package (14th May) in perfect condition, it was well packed with bubble wrap around each item and in a sturdy box.
So 6 working days and eight days in total, I'm very happy with that.

I should also say that while I know others have had mixed experiences with parcelforce mine has been very good, I was able to track my package from the moment they took possession of it and today I could even track it on a map to my door with a estimated delivery time given.

Mark

I agree with the above regarding @Brew2bottle Homebrew. I used them for the first time last week, and the package arrived in good condition, with the correct items and well packaged. I shall certainly use them again.
To Parcel Force's credit, I have had nothing but excellent service from them also.

My experience with Brewstore was goot too. I recieved my order within a week, and although the PB seal was faulty, they sent a replacement that arrived two days after I spoke to them - excellent service from them too.

I also have ordered from BrewUK. The order took a calendar month to arrive (28 days to despatch). There were two incorrect items, their phonlines are unanswered, and there email inbox is rejecting emails as it is full.

I ordered from the Homebrew Company on Tuesday afternoon. Order was a selection of base and speciality malts as well as various american leaf hops, dried yeasts, chemicals etc. Had a note Wednesday afternoon saying it had dispatched already. Of course we will see when it turns up (think it comes from Ireland) but so far very promising.

My most recent order from Worcester Hop Shop was placed on May 1st and delivered on Monday 11th. I thought this was pretty good, given that five of the ten days were non-working days..

My most recent order from Worcester Hop Shop was placed on May 1st and delivered on Monday 11th. I thought this was pretty good, given that five of the ten days were non-working days..
Good to hear I just placed an order with them, as pre lockdown they where easily one of my preferred retailers to deal with.

Good service again from @Brew2bottle Homebrew for me too. Ordered last Thursday evening and arrived this afternoon, so thanks and hope it wasn’t due to you working non-stop over the bank holiday weekend without any time off!

No problems with Parcelforce either. Despatched on Tuesday so only took two days. Had something else delivered by them a couple of weeks ago that only took three days.

I'll add to that @Brew2bottle Homebrew very quick in this current climate. I really like that they notify you when something's back in stock too. That's great!

Love Brewing were also very good as were the Homebrew Company (in Ireland). They all really care about their customers!

I can only echo all the positive comments regards brew2bottle. They are my 'go to' supplier and given the circumstances, remain very efficient. I've also just taken advantage of their 'email when item is back in stock' by snagging myself some Razorback IPA.

Cheers for this informative thread! Struggling to find somewhere with malt suitable for a lager - anyone seen anywhere with at least 4kg in stock, also need 100g each of challenger and citra, plus yeast.

Order placed online with The Home Brew Shop yesterday. A couple of wine kits, and other odds and sods for scratch brewing such as yeast, nutrient etc etc. It was delivered by 9 this morning. That would be excellent in normal times and in my opinion is phenomenal now.
Similarly I live close to at least 3 microbreweries and they won't supply home brewers. I'm also not too far from a major malt supplier but they have a minimum order of 40x25kg sacks - been tempted to work out if it is worth doing something with a local club - but would need a single vehicle to collect as they don't want 10 cars arriving to split the order. Quickly became a complexity I didn't fancy solving!

Hi guys

We've just made the transition over to DPD and packed our last Parcel Force delivery. All larger deliveries the guys downstairs are packing now will be sent out via DPD so you'll get your 1 hour delivery time slot etc... on these.

Thanks for being patient with us, we're actually planning on having tomorrow off to celebrate now!!!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for the positive feedback recently. To be blunt we've been working our **** off to get deliveries out so it's always nice to be able to relay these kind of messages to the guys downstairs.

Cheers

DPD are usually very good, seems a shame now that parcel force appear to have got their act together, that they lost the business, however as a business that relies on their courier I can see why you needed to change.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your day off.

Mark

Similarly I live close to at least 3 microbreweries and they won't supply home brewers. I'm also not too far from a major malt supplier but they have a minimum order of 40x25kg sacks - been tempted to work out if it is worth doing something with a local club - but would need a single vehicle to collect as they don't want 10 cars arriving to split the order. Quickly became a complexity I didn't fancy solving!
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/h...lager-malt-whole-10kg-3-ebc-minch-p-3516.html
As for the metric tonne, someone is bound to have a van or car/trailer that can pick it up for club and deliver where upon collection the wholesalers will load it for like click and collect and the driver upon delivery drops it at the roadside paid by PayPal including delivery costs for being such a nice person..

Apologies as @Horners already posted THBC.

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/h...lager-malt-whole-10kg-3-ebc-minch-p-3516.html
As for the metric tonne, someone is bound to have a van or car/trailer that can pick it up for club and deliver where upon collection the wholesalers will load it for like click and collect and the driver upon delivery drops it at the roadside paid by PayPal including delivery costs for being such a nice person..

Apologies as @Horners already posted THBC.
Def a possible option, but while I listen in to a couple of local clubs mailing lists, I'm not heavily involved and so kicking something like that off would involve some effort from me. And I'm lazy. I'll order from thbc now!

Similarly I live close to at least 3 microbreweries and they won't supply home brewers.

Personally I've never had any problems, even before the pubs closed, as long as you don't try to make work for them and just accept whatever it is that's their standard malt. The more malt they buy, the cheaper it is for them (as long as they don't have to faff too much with you buying it and you don't try to get too cute on price - £20/sack works for everyone) If you've only asked before the lockdown, you may find they're rather more flexible now (indeed many will have surplus malt in inventory that was intended for pub beer). And if you're going the club route then a brewery may be rather more flexible about doing a deal with a club for half a pallet or whatever.

As other above, I can't praise highly enough Brew2Bottle. After a failed order with BrewUK that took them more than two weeks to just reply to an email and it was impossible to contact them by phone neither. Luckily, I found Brew2Bottle, they reply straight away and in just hours I had my order in place. Everything arrived well packed and very quickly given the circumstances. I found they have a good stock at the moment, unlike other online shops and the prices are great too!

Latest posts

Back