Busy times from home brew shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked few home brew suppliers and they all seem to be very busy, very often saying order will be delayed by one day.

Guessing lots of us isolation/social distancing or "working" from home. I will brew something very soon as keg is getting low on volume.

Apart from brew shops, micro breweries are excellent places to buy your grain and hops - so if you have one nearby, just call them and ask if you can buy from them. With pub closure lots of the might be struggling. 2 of my local one offering free local deliveries on bottled/can beers. I will ask the,m if they can deliver grain. Lets help them if we can.
We have recently added 5KG Malts and 1KG Hops at Brewers Select and are still operating next working day delivery, though we now use DHL for more competitive pricing and due to the current crisis they are under a lot of pressure so we are advising it is best to allow an extra day if possible.

My local homebrew shop (hamstead home brew)is still taking orders they seem to have stock of the brewing items I required only ordered it Monday night it arrived today.clapa

Ordered a number of bit late night Friday (3rd) from Brew2Bottle on the forums recommendation and received it all first thing this morning. Not a bad turn around without current issues taken into consideration. Will be ordering again very soon.

Cheers
Nick acheers.

I seem to have lot of luck, ordered a sack of grain from goodlife yesterday. Was on my doorstep at 9 today. He uses dpd, the tracking said that it should be here on Tuesday. What a result

We have shut our own website down for the time being, but have decided to keep supplying a few items through our Amazon account. As a Hardware/Homeware/Garden supply/Homebrew shop, we could stay open, but in reality it's just not possible.
One of our main problems is that our stock and packing areas are fairly small, so it makes the whole social distancing thing difficult. Therefore, it's just me working.
I am working flat out at the moment - within minutes of listing items, they are sold, so I'm only listing a few at a time now, otherwise I would be absolutely swamped. It's quite demoralising to spend all day picking, packing and despatching orders, only to find that you have more orders at the end of the day than when you started.
What makes it worse is that all of my colleagues are off enjoying the sunshine!
Another problem for us is actually getting stock from our suppliers...

#Clapforhomebrewsuppliers !!!

Update from CML..

Service update 21/3/20 04.30am. Unfortunately the online store won't open for the foreseeable future. Our Ebay store is still open though (below), but amazon is closed too. We've had a month's worth of orders over the last few days and we're finding it almost impossible to keep up and old Tom and Cammy are on the verge of a meltdown 😕 It's also increasingly difficult to manage stocks over multiple outlets and although we're getting more stock in on a daily basis we don't want to let people down. You may find that larger packs are out of stock from time to time, but as soon as stock comes in they'll be back. We've also had to stop supplying international customers, but as soon as things are back to normal we'll restart or international service. Apologies again, but these are crazy times and stay safe and well hunkered down in your living rooms and kitchens, enjoying your home brew! All the best, and a big Slainte Mhath from Tom, Cammy, Mark and Steven. Now go and wash your hands!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/crossmyloofbrewingsupplies

I ordered a couple of Bulldog kits in the afternoon of the 3rd from Creative winemaking and just received it in the morning of the 7th.
Full marks to them, under 5 days and two of them were the weekend .
Their prices were good and free delivery from £45 spend.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered a couple of kits on Monday and they arrived today! Well done Creative winemaking!

My GEB order has finally been dispatched (ordered on the 7th) so fingers crossed it arrives on Friday so I can get my Berliner weisse done over the weekend. My raspberry purée from Amazon arrived today so I’m super excited about getting this one on!

Just had this from Brew2Bottle
BCAF8D60-43B8-4EA9-9F0E-68D58BED61DC.png

Looks like GEB are now using DPD to help with their backlog (they had mentioned looking at other couriers to help with their backlog on their Facebook post on Friday). Coming between 11 and 12.

Just a quick post to say that I have had an excellent order process with Worcester Hop Shop.
After horrendous difficulties with Parcel Force as a courier with a failed order, I looked around and someone recommended them. I enquired and they were using UPS. I ordered, and was told that a processing delay of about 1 week was the current situation. I ordered, had excellent communications, and one week later had an email saying one more day, then it was dispatched on next day with UPS. Turned up the next morning, and the courier very kindly(and responsibly distanced) brought it inside as my 92 year old Father in law answered the door. I wasn't in the house and to be honest wasn't expecting it so early!

Anyway, all round an excellent process. Communication is the key at the moment, they delivered on that brilliantly.

Nice,

mackerel with home tom sauce on thick toast sprinkled with capers
Looks like GEB are now using DPD to help with their backlog (they had mentioned looking at other couriers to help with their backlog on their Facebook post on Friday). Coming between 11 and 12.
Hope the carry on and get rid of pf

Latest posts

Back