Busy times from home brew shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Brew2bottle Homebrew
Can you please advise your current timespan between placing an order and dispatch.
I have an order placed with you .
Thankyou

I ordered on last friday evening online and got it this afternoon via Royal mail which I was pleasantly surprised at athumb..
( new fv with tap for bottling, less than a tenner - bargain ! )

@Brew2bottle Homebrew
Can you please advise your current timespan between placing an order and dispatch.
I have an order placed with you .
Thankyou

Hi Terry

We're currently a little behind because we had a lot of stock delivered last week which instantly sold. I'd say we're approx 3 days behind from order to actually getting it shipped right now.

We have another 14-15 pallets of stock arriving tomorrow as well.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Hi Terry

We're currently a little behind because we had a lot of stock delivered last week which instantly sold. I'd say we're approx 3 days behind from order to actually getting it shipped right now.
s
We have another 14-15 pallets of stock arriving tomorrow as well.

I hope this helps

Thanks
Thanks.
My order was placed Sat pm so from what you have said it should hopefully be dispatched tomorrow, since it still shows 'unfulfilled'?

Placed an order Monday at The Malt Miller during the 3-4 pm window. 48Hr later, DPD delivered the box on time in perfect condition.
Malt Miller +1
DPD +1

Well done!!!

Got some stuff coming from Brew2bottle which will allow a couple more small batch AG SMaSH.

I live less than a mile from a micro brewery, unfortunately they won't supply grain/hops.

Order placed online with The Home Brew Shop yesterday. A couple of wine kits, and other odds and sods for scratch brewing such as yeast, nutrient etc etc. It was delivered by 9 this morning. That would be excellent in normal times and in my opinion is phenomenal now.

I placed an order on 29/04 and it arrived on 05/05, so a week in total from clicking complete to it being on the doorstep which I thought was reasonable.
I think you were lucky. athumb..
My order from Brew2 Bottle from 02/05 (a week a ago) was dispatched on 07/05 via Parcel Force ashock1 and has been en route from the Preston collection depot to a Hub since then. No idea when it will turn up.

An open note to @brew2Bottle
I placed an order with you on Sat 02May. You dispatched my order on Thurs 7May and provided me with a Parcel Force Tracking reference. Late on same day the Parcel Force tracking system advised that my package was on its way to the Hub from the Preston collection office, and since then the message is unchanged.
Whilst I accept that there was a public holiday on Friday and things are far from 'normal' at present, other courier services seem to be working reasonably well and I have recently had other items delivered more or less on time. I suspect that Parcel Force are overwhelmed and can't cope.
Looking through this thread I see other members have had had problems with packages sent via Parcel Force from other suppliers, and some suppliers appear to have changed courier service away from Parcel Force. Perhaps you should consider doing the same.

Last edited:
Anyone ordered from THBC Ireland recently? Buy most of my supplies from them but notice that free shipping on orders above £70 seems to have disappeared (and some of the prices have shot up), haven't tried to put an order through but it's always been free shipping for big orders in the years I've been using them.

An open note to @brew2Bottle
I placed an order with you on Sat 02May. You dispatched my order on Thurs 7May and provided me with a Parcel Force Tracking reference. Late on same day the Parcel Force tracking system advised that my package was on its way to the Hub from the Preston collection office, and since then the message is unchanged.
Whilst I accept that there was a public holiday on Friday and things are far from 'normal' at present, other courier services seem to be working reasonably well and I have recently had other items delivered more or less on time. I suspect that Parcel Force are overwhelmed and can't cope.
Looking through this thread I see other members have had had problems with packages sent via Parcel Force from other suppliers, and some suppliers appear to have changed courier service away from Parcel Force. Perhaps you should consider doing the same.

Hi Terry

We're already looking at moving deliveries on larger items over to DPD. It's not as simple as deciding to swap couriers one day and have them live the next day. We're in the process of setting up the label template so that it prints off on our sheets etc... Once that's done we'll be making the switch, it's taking longer than we'd have liked but to be honest everything is right now. Parcel Force are overwhelmed and have been for a few weeks, it can sometimes take them a couple of days to clear the pallets of deliveries we have waiting for them to collect after the weekend we've been in packing orders. We were in Friday, Saturday and Sunday this last weekend to try and keep up with the demand on our site right now without having to turn it off as others have done.

Regards your delivery, firstly sorry for Parcel Force but it's our only option at the moment until we can make the switch. Your item will have been dispatched from here on Thursday but with Friday being a bank holiday I'm not sure how far your order will have progressed through their system. If you can PM me your order number I can check it out for you though and see if we can do anything.

Thanks

Hi Terry

We're already looking at moving deliveries on larger items over to DPD. It's not as simple as deciding to swap couriers one day and have them live the next day. We're in the process of setting up the label template so that it prints off on our sheets etc... Once that's done we'll be making the switch, it's taking longer than we'd have liked but to be honest everything is right now. Parcel Force are overwhelmed and have been for a few weeks, it can sometimes take them a couple of days to clear the pallets of deliveries we have waiting for them to collect after the weekend we've been in packing orders. We were in Friday, Saturday and Sunday this last weekend to try and keep up with the demand on our site right now without having to turn it off as others have done.

Regards your delivery, firstly sorry for Parcel Force but it's our only option at the moment until we can make the switch. Your item will have been dispatched from here on Thursday but with Friday being a bank holiday I'm not sure how far your order will have progressed through their system. If you can PM me your order number I can check it out for you though and see if we can do anything.

Thanks
Its good to hear you have apparently recognised the same problem as other suppliers and intend to do something about it. And I fully understand you can't instantly change from one courier to another.
My own parcel seems to have moved on a bit today in the PF tracking system so thats good news. If I have have any problems on that I will PM you.

I've made two orders from B2B over the last week (apologies it should have been one bigger order but only realised how great your prices are the day after placing the first). Recieved my first order of Malt today. The second order I saw getting fulfilled on Saturday.

The way parcelforce have been with my stuff over the last few weeks, they say it for delivery then half way through the day the tracking stops updating and you get it the day after.

I've made two orders from B2B over the last week (apologies it should have been one bigger order but only realised how great your prices are the day after placing the first). Recieved my first order of Malt today. The second order I saw getting fulfilled on Saturday.

The way parcelforce have been with my stuff over the last few weeks, they say it for delivery then half way through the day the tracking stops updating and you get it the day after.

I imagine Parcel Farce will be losing lots of business if B2B's experience is anything to go by as businesses wont switch back to them after the C-19 crisis is over

Parcel Force seem to be particularly problematic but we use DHL at work and it seems that every now and then particular areas will have issues presumably due to large numbers of drivers or depo workers in that zone suddenly having to self isolate. Likewise I was expecting a parcel from UPS which was delayed for several weeks due to the local depo being on reduced capacity.

Means that one thing I will not be ordering from anyone at the moment is liquid yeast as soda law regardless of the courier it will end up stuck in slough for six weeks or similar.

Latest posts

Back