Butler sherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
Has any one made a butler sherry kit?
How did it come out ? What was the final strength of it?

So my sherry has been on the brew for almost two months. This weekend i plan on getting some distilling super yeast and adding it with a bit more sugar to see if i can get the strengh up. This is because i dont want to add brandy. January ish ill put in an oak barrel and leave untill christmas.

........... This weekend i plan on getting some distilling super yeast and adding it with a bit more sugar to see if i can get the strength up. This is because i dont want to add brandy. January ish ill put in an oak barrel and leave untill christmas.

Are these moves in the Instructions?

Before retirement I worked in the Oil & Gas Industry and made a great living out of saying "Read the fecking Manual and then does what it says!"

To me, it seems a bit pointless to buy and brew a kit for the very first time and then deviate in a manner that won't be discovered for nearly a year.

Here's a link that may make you just follow the kit Instructions ...

https://www.sherrynotes.com/2013/background/sherry-production-process/

Enjoy!

I opened the sherry over christmas. It was a huge hit. Massive hit infact. People have gone sherry nuts! So ive decided to do a series of experiments to see how far i can take this. Amongst all the test subjects
One is to use wlp720 followed by wlp700 yeast. And another is to straight out use turbo yeast. I have a wooden 30l keg for storage also. It is dangerouse having this much high strength product laying around. Once ive got the recepie 100% i will begin the big make of 100 liters. 100 liters of sherry?! Mental.

Back