Buying Beer Online

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Landlord.
Reaction score
Looking to buy a few different styles of beer online to see "what's what" so to speak. Refine my palette a bit and try some varieties I've not yet had.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

I have used beer52 once and my brother has used them a few times. Generally speaking when they have a good deal. E.g. he got 10 Irish beers for £10 delivered about 2 weeks ago normally about £30 I think.
You can buy by the can bottle but they seemed really expensive to me.

I find the likes of flavourly and beer52 a bit hit and miss, actually more of a miss. I have picked them up a couple of times when they do their offers but the beers they send have been poor, usually they are beers especially made for them.

Do you have a local bottle shop, I know they are closed but a lot are doing deliveries. You maybe better off going to someone like premier hop and selection from their huge range. Morrison's, m&s and Tesco have just released new beers, maybe worth a try

Most of the supermarket beers u can figure out who has brewed them. Sainsbury say, m&s don't but the description is identical to the branded one.

Do you have a local bottle shop, I know they are closed but a lot are doing deliveries. You maybe better off going to someone like premier hop and selection from their huge range. Morrison's, m&s and Tesco have just released new beers, maybe worth a try
Knowing where Ghillie lives (as mentioned on the forums elsewhere) Gordon & Mcphails in Elgin might stock some interesting ones, failing that Aldi in elgin may have 66degree north and some stewart brewing.

Personally I order a lot from Brewdog but you need to fill a case to make it worthwhile.

Not ordered from BrewYork so don't know what the service is like but the beers themselves are good

Brew York are very good (delivery due tomorrow) as are Northern Monk. I want to try Vocation next.

I've used Brewdog and Beerwulf which are also good but it pays to make up a full case to make it worthwhile on delivery. Beerwulf have a good selection especially Belgian.

If you’re wanting to try specific styles then Beerhawk and Beerwolf are probably as good as any. The latter are slightly cheaper but mainly sell beers from the Heineken family of breweries.

Thanks for the replies guys.

So I checked out Beer52, Honest Brew and BeerHawk. Looks like they've taken an absolute thrashing with Covid and all of the most entertaining beers are "out of stock" which is a shame. Not cheap, some cans/bottles were over a tenner!

Will have a glance at Brew York and see what like.

Knowing where Ghillie lives (as mentioned on the forums elsewhere) Gordon & Mcphails in Elgin might stock some interesting ones, failing that Aldi in elgin may have 66degree north and some stewart brewing.

So you were the man in the anorak in the bushes aye? G&M shut up shop last month and so did Against The Grain which is our best local taproom/shop. Real pity. Couple of local breweries who are probably still selling but most of it is pish.

G&M beer would be a struggle on furlough rate wages! I'm sure they add something on to your bill just for walking around that shop!

last time I visited g&m they had some very expensive whiskies lined up for a tasting session and happily let us have a few before the tour party turned up.
reassuringly expensive but in a good way.

no, not me in the bushes. Would be a lockdown breach! You mentioned before we shared a home town.

Try a search for a local brewery, I think a lot are delivering to the public in polypins or bottles, and kegs or keykegs if you have equipment for dispense.

Never been in! Probably won't bother now :laugh8:
Decent shop to be fair with a good selection of booze but if it is something that one of the larger shops sell as well then you will pay a fair bit more in G and M for the same thing. They sell some of the local brews like Windswept and the Keith Brewery stuff.

Looking to buy a few different styles of beer online to see "what's what" so to speak. Refine my palette a bit and try some varieties I've not yet had.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.
Hi, I've used BeerWulf a few times, they are probably my favorite, extremely good service, choice and price. Others to note Beers of Europe, Beer Ritz, also direct from breweries here.. craftbeerhour.com

Decent shop to be fair with a good selection of booze but if it is something that one of the larger shops sell as well then you will pay a fair bit more in G and M for the same thing. They sell some of the local brews like Windswept and the Keith Brewery stuff.
Yeah, Windswept is okay, but that's about as far as I'd go. All the Keith brewery beer tastes like **** yeast and is probably some of the worst beer I've drank to date...

Latest posts

Back