Buzz words.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Surely, the latest annoying buzz word is "Pansexual"!

Check out the Wikipedia definition here ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

If you have an "emotional attraction" to someone, then you are displaying your "Pansexuality"!

I must have been "emotionally attracted" to my parents, relatives, a number of friends and even my dogs; because I shed a tear for them all when they died.

Apart from a psychopath or sociopath, surely everyone on the planet is "Pansexual"?

PS
The reason we have Incisors (for cutting), Canines (for gripping and ripping) and Molars (for chewing) is that we are all Omnivores; not Herbivores or Carnivores.

If you have an "emotional attraction" to someone, then you are displaying your "Pansexuality"!

I must have been "emotionally attracted" to my parents, relatives, a number of friends and even my dogs; because I shed a tear for them all when they died.

Apart from a psychopath or sociopath, surely everyone on the planet is "Pansexual"?

PS
The reason we have Incisors (for cutting), Canines (for gripping and ripping) and Molars (for chewing) is that we are all Omnivores; not Herbivores or Carnivores.

Umm..what's that got to do with veganism?

Why is veganism now called 'plant based'? <just leave that there heh! hehe! heh!>
Does that imply that mushrooms and yeast are excluded by vegans as fungi are more closely related to animals than plants?

PS
I thought it was a daft word, too. If you swing both ways then you're ACDC or Bisexual. But Pansexual, for me, means you'll couple with anything from mushroom to mongoose.

Here is a list and a few minutes of your life you will never get back - http://thepbhscloset.weebly.com/a-list-of-genders--sexualities-and-their-definitions.html

Excerpt from above link:
Bisexual- When you are attracted to two or more genders. This term is generally used to describe being attracted to men and women, but can apply to being attracted to any two or more genders. Note that you do not have to be equally attracted to each gender.
Pansexual- When you are attracted to all genders and/or do not concern gender when you are attracted towards someone

I wasn't aware I'd lived a particularly sheltered life, quite the contrary, but two or more genders? What or who are in the "or more" category?

In language we have neuter gender so I suppose those who've had the "chop" might be considered thus, but it's most unkind.
Still, at least milady won't find herself up the duff after frequenting these brave lads. acheers.

Hmmm...this extra genders.. someone please explain.
Are religious establishment and scientific recognising this?
Not an expert, but from my limited knowledge: 'sex' pertains to the shape of your junk/what sex cells your body generates (i.e. eggs/sperm) and 'gender' is generally a cultural construct pertaining to maleness and femaleness.

So, gender can relate to biological 'sex', but can also relate to loads of societal definitions ("Males shouldn't show emotions"/"Females don't like beer")

Cue ten pages of ItsAdamAndEveNotAdamAndSteve :)
Edit: so, 'sex' is more of a biological/scientific term; 'gender' is to do with the humanities I guess. No idea what the 'religious establishment' thinks tbh... Probably angry about the whole idea I reckon, being as preoccupied as it is with other people's private lives and all...

Edit2: looking back, I didn't answer yr question at all (soz!). The 'extra' genders bit is an extension of my previous blurb: gender identity being more about how you feel/wish to present yrself, rather than a binary characterisation based on yr goolies. I'm def not best placed to answer, but I've done a Google and if you're interested, have a gander here:

https://teentalk.ca/learn-about/gender-identity/

Last edited:
Why is veganism now called 'plant based'? <just leave that there heh! hehe! heh!>
Oh my, don’t let a vegan hear you say that they’re the same! It’s a bit Peoples Front Of Judea / Judean People’s Front.....

Latest posts

Back