Cakes!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So myself and hubby have decided to knock Keto on the head until after our holiday at the end of the month, and also because we are going out tomorrow to see my two besties (blokes), and we said we’d bake them a cake. It’s only fair because one of them is providing a meal. So I’ve done one of my specials 🙈

There's still a tub full of icing left! Ridiculous recipe but yummy!

2173B79B-CD17-449F-A847-DD8A66EFB9B7.jpeg
E442A842-3421-4ED1-BD6C-C91A12278CCB.jpeg
A2CB2898-009B-4C2A-BA5C-C3914B0EE3F1.jpeg
D0612EF5-010E-409B-B4B0-92EB1DB10F79.jpeg
099F83D7-2317-45CB-B138-D050922E7809.jpeg

Are there any other bakers here?

Hi David what i can tell you is, if you want to make a round crusty loaf (Cob) you need a really strong flour don't over mix it and don't over work it this will make your loaf tough, if you have a bakery nearby pop in and ask to buy one kilo or 2 pounds of strong flour, remember don't overwork it at the kneading stage that will toughen the gluten

My stand by cake is coffee and walnut cake, but even a simple Victoria sponge is fantastic when it’s fresh sandwiched with butter cream and jam and dredged with caster sugar. Also sweet breads one of my favourite new recipes I found recently a chocolate and hazelnut sweet bread served warm from the oven slavered in butter,

1FFBC2DC-1C7C-4F03-9711-5402CC91025D.jpeg

I also started baking bread last year just ordinary brown bread made with dried yeast (due to a desire at the time to avoid the shops) but after over a year of eating it I can’t stand the thought of going back to pre sliced supermarket bread.

My stand by cake is coffee and walnut cake, but even a simple Victoria sponge is fantastic when it’s fresh sandwiched with butter cream and jam and dredged with caster sugar. Also sweet breads one of my favourite new recipes I found recently a chocolate and hazelnut sweet bread served warm from the oven slavered in butter,

View attachment 53783

I also started baking bread last year just ordinary brown bread made with dried yeast (due to a desire at the time to avoid the shops) but after over a year of eating it I can’t stand the thought of going back to pre sliced supermarket bread.

Looks amazing 🤩

Back